ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fatal1ty z270 ITX not detecting HDMI TV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfvxcc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fatal1ty z270 ITX not detecting HDMI TV
    Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 11:52am
Hi,

I just set up this build.

I have a LG 27ud68, UHD monitor, and it works fine with the z270 board on both DP & HDMI.
I also have a Samsung TV UN40KU6290, which is UHD, and supports HDMI 2  4k@60hz, 30hz. 

The Samsung TV does not work - it doesn't get detected during POST, BIOS, nor windows 10.

*However*:

When I plug a BenQ 1080p DVI monitor into the HDMI port of the z270, the BenQ displays fine. I then unplug the BenQ, and then plug in the Samsung TV, The Samsung TV gets detected, and runs at 4k@60hz just fine. When I sleep the computer, reset the computer, or unplug the TV, it stops getting detected again Cry

When I plug a mac into the TV, it works completely fine.

Any recommendations on what I should do here?

Edited by dfvxcc - 09 Jun 2017 at 11:53am
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2017 at 4:24pm

Dear Dfvxcc,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Regarding your case, we provide some suggestion to try.

1.          Please update BIOS to the latest version.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z270%20Gaming-ITXac/index.asp#BIOS

2.          Please upgrade the HDMI firmware.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z270%20Gaming-ITXac/index.asp#osW1064

3.          Set Primary Graphics Adapter to onboard.

Press F2 during POST to get into BIOS, select Advanced, Chipset Configuration, set Primary Graphics Adapter to Onboard, press F10 to save configuration.

4.          Change another HDMI cable to try.

5.          Please download and install the VGA driver from below link.

https://mega.nz/#!l8oigTbL!N-QZdPVpVnOjSpMxadqWt6jXBnPxT6K8c94gJ_CH9_c

Thank you!

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

Craggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017 at 7:32am
I have exactly the same issue but my TV is a Samsung UE55KU6000
I'm unable to use my media centre built with the same board and a 7th hen i5.
Tried going through my Pioneer receiver a vsx-1131 to the tv and direct to the tv but no image is ever displayed. Any other devices with 4K to tv work just fine inc 10bit colour and UHD.

If I plug my projector to the pc it detects and then switch back to the tv I can switch to 4k@60hz but a reboot loses the signal.

Tried all suggestions listed with all latest firmware on asrock board, hdmi, pioneer and Samsung but nothing.

Very frustrating and disappointing after weeks I've given up.

Edited by Craggy - 14 Jul 2017 at 7:32am
Craggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 9:48pm
[URL=][/URL]Update

So after all recent firmware updates etc. I decided to power everything off completely for a while and after reconnecting power the z270 board now displays a 4K picture on the Samsung TV but still refuses to display anything when connected to the TV via my Pioneer receiver when using any of the HDCP 2.2 compliant hdmi ports.
If I connect the z270 board to the hdmi 4 port on the Pioneer receiver which is not HDCP 2.2 then I get a picture on the TV but this hdmi port does not support HDR or UHD colour.

Any ideas?

Edited by Craggy - 15 Jul 2017 at 9:49pm
Craggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 6:07am
[URL=][/URL]Final update with success :-)

For anyone experiencing similar issues you MUST check the quality of your hdmi cables.
I've read countless forums and blogs claiming high end hdmi cables are a con or gimmick. Not quite true. To date I had tried 12 different hdmi leads, most of them are classed or advertised as high speed hdmi cables, compatible with hdmi 2.0 and 4 of which were explicitly sold as 4k compatible cables.
True they do work with 4k60p and the proof/misleading part was that they did work with my Sky Q box for satellite tv in 4k50p with UHD enabled and 10bit colour and when connected to the hdmi4 input on my Pioneer receiver they also worked with my Z270 board in 4k60p but once I connected to the HDCP 2.2 hdmi port on my Pioneer I got no picture.
This led me to believe it was a hdcp handshake issue or similar.

It transpires that the non hdcp port was also only capable of 4k60p 8bit with 4:2:0 chroma subsampling.

The Z270 board was trying to run as 4k60p 8bit 4:4:4 chroma whist is effectively full uncompressed RGB equivalent chroma sampling.
The problem was that 4k60p 4:2:0 at 8 bit uses less than 10.2gbps bandwidth which is available on ALL hdmi 2.0 high speed cables. However, switching to 4k60p 4:4:4 8bit full colour required up to 18gbps of bandwidth and this is only available on 4k Premium certified cables, "Premium" being the key factor.

The moment I plugged everything in with Premium certified leads everything worked perfectly on the hdcp 2.2 ports with full 4k 60p 8bit 4:4:4 UHD colour.

Problem solved. You must have hdmi cables capable of carrying 18gbps of data or you will fail to get a picture.

Hope this helps someone.

Edited by Craggy - 23 Jul 2017 at 6:10am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic