ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock z68 extreme 3 gen 3 videocard problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McYars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock z68 extreme 3 gen 3 videocard problem
    Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 6:06pm
Hi,

My motherboard Asrock z68 extreme 3 gen 3 doesn't detect my inno3d gtx1080 videocard in the first pci-e slot. But in second it is detected.
My cpu is i5 2500k
Is there any bios newer then 2.31A? Or any options in bios setup that i can change to solve this problem?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2017 at 10:12am
Originally posted by McYars McYars wrote:

Hi,

My motherboard Asrock z68 extreme 3 gen 3 doesn't detect my inno3d gtx1080 videocard in the first pci-e slot. But in second it is detected.
My cpu is i5 2500k
Is there any bios newer then 2.31A? Or any options in bios setup that i can change to solve this problem?

Strange the card is only detected in the second (PCIE4) slot, which is an x8 lane slot. The first (PCIE2) slot in an x16 lane slot.

Have you ever used a video card in the PCIE2 slot before you tried the new card?

The following are NOT guaranteed fixes:

In the BIOS, North Bridge Configuration, set IGP Multi-Monitor to Disabled. Low MMIO Align should be set to the highest value possible, 1024MB if that is the maximum. DVMT Mode Select should be Disabled.

I don't see the following options in the manual, but they might have been added in BIOS updates. If you have an option to set the PCIe slot speed, set it to Gen2, to match the PCIe 2.0 support of your Sandy Bridge CPU.

In the Boot screen, you can try setting the PCI ROM Priority option to EFI Compatible ROM, which would match a modern video card. But since this option is just called "PCI" and not "PCIe", it may not apply to PCIe hardware.

We do see some issues posted in the forum with new model video cards not working in older mother boards.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic