ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock B150m Pro4v FAN Customize - problem.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raveNwow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock B150m Pro4v FAN Customize - problem.
    Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 4:14am
Hello everybody!.

I have problem with motherboard ASRock B150m Pro4v, when i set fan from standard or performance etc to custom and set % fan speed and temperature target (CPU fan on silent, rest fan's on custom), when i push start button, PC start working for 1-2 seconds and turn off (totally leds fan's etc) for few seconds and pc alone rebot again but to bios.

My konfig

Intel G4560
ASRock B150m Pro4v bios 7.10
SSD Transcend 370 128gb
Zalman T5 1x fan 92m zalman on back + 1x SPC Sigma Pro 120mm on front.
Thermaltake Smart SE 430W
HyperX Fury Black 4GB 2400mhz CL15 - from support memory list on asrock website.
GeForce GTX 460 1GB GDDR5

Best regards from Poland! and sorry for my English :(

Edited by raveNwow - 06 Aug 2017 at 5:48pm
raveNwow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raveNwow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 12:02am
Again problem when i set CPU Fan from AUTO to 4pin PC start for 1-2 seconds turn off and rebot to bios after few seconds.

CPU fan is box intel.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 8:18am
Originally posted by raveNwow raveNwow wrote:

Hello everybody!.

I have problem with motherboard ASRock B150m Pro4v, when i set fan from standard or performance etc to custom and set % fan speed and temperature target (CPU fan on silent, rest fan's on custom), when i push start button, PC start working for 1-2 seconds and turn off (totally leds fan's etc) for few seconds and pc alone rebot again but to bios.

My konfig

Intel G4560
ASRock B150m Pro4v bios 7.10
SSD Transcend 370 128gb
Zalman T5 1x fan 92m zalman on back + 1x SPC Sigma Pro 120mm on front.
Thermaltake Smart SE 430W
HyperX Fury Black 4GB 2400mhz CL15 - from support memory list on asrock website.
GeForce GTX 460 1GB GDDR5

Best regards from Poland! and sorry for my English :(

The PC boots normally when you have the CPU fan speed set to Standard or Performance, right?

Can you use the PC for as long as you want to when the CPU fan speed is set to Standard or Performance?

When the PC restarts into the BIOS again after you change the CPU fan to Silent, do you find the fan setting for the CPU that you had set was changed from Silent to something else?

Please do this test: Set the CPU fan speed to Silent in the BIOS, and have the PC case open so you can see the Intel CPU cooler's fan. Then Save and Exit the BIOS, and watch the CPU cooler's fan, is it spinning or is it not moving?

We know that some of the Intel Skylake CPU's like yours have defective fans on the CPU coolers. The fan will only spin at a minimum of 1000 RPM, so if the CPU fan speed control is set to a low speed, like Silent, the CPU cooler fan will not spin. That is what I think is happening to your CPU cooler.
raveNwow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raveNwow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 4:59pm
PC boot normally when i set CPU fan to Silent, Standard or Performance. Only Custom settings make rebot to bios and when i change CPU Fan Type from AUTO to 4-pin save bios and exit. pc turn off and rebot to bios.  

Please do this test: Set the CPU fan speed to Silent in the BIOS, and have the PC case open so you can see the Intel CPU cooler's fan. Then Save and Exit the BIOS, and watch the CPU cooler's fan, is it spinning or is it not moving?

CPU FAN spinning.

ASRock tech-support answer:

Thank you for contacting ASRock.

We did the test and couldn?�t see the same behavior on the B150M Pro4V.

We would like to provide some suggestions to verify.
1.Please load BIOS default setting to verify.
  Please press hotkey ?�F2??or ?�Delete??during POST to get into BIOS, press ?�F9??to load BIOS.
2. Please only install CPU and memory to verify.
3. Please plugged in CPU_FAN1 connector to verify.
4. If possible, please try another CPU fan to verify.

1. Default settings work fine.
3. I have Intel cooler pluged to CPU_FAN1
4. I don't have another for this socket..

@EDIT!

I have progres!

I use "Fan-Tastic Tuning" and i set custom settings for two case fans, CPU_FAN are silent and this is work fine.

Only when i change CPU FAN TYPE from auto to 4-pin PC rebot to bios.

But second question how and what i need to set Boot Ultra Fast?, i set ultra fast but after rebot bios set to fast :(

I have SSD Transcend TS128GSSD370S.

Edited by raveNwow - 09 Aug 2017 at 12:04am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by raveNwow raveNwow wrote:

PC boot normally when i set CPU fan to Silent, Standard or Performance. Only Custom settings make rebot to bios and when i change CPU Fan Type from AUTO to 4-pin save bios and exit. pc turn off and rebot to bios.  

Please do this test: Set the CPU fan speed to Silent in the BIOS, and have the PC case open so you can see the Intel CPU cooler's fan. Then Save and Exit the BIOS, and watch the CPU cooler's fan, is it spinning or is it not moving?

CPU FAN spinning.

ASRock tech-support answer:

Thank you for contacting ASRock.

We did the test and couldn?�t see the same behavior on the B150M Pro4V.

We would like to provide some suggestions to verify.
1.Please load BIOS default setting to verify.
  Please press hotkey ?�F2??or ?�Delete??during POST to get into BIOS, press ?�F9??to load BIOS.
2. Please only install CPU and memory to verify.
3. Please plugged in CPU_FAN1 connector to verify.
4. If possible, please try another CPU fan to verify.

1. Default settings work fine.
3. I have Intel cooler pluged to CPU_FAN1
4. I don't have another for this socket..

@EDIT!

I have progres!

I use "Fan-Tastic Tuning" and i set custom settings for two case fans, CPU_FAN are silent and this is work fine.

Only when i change CPU FAN TYPE from auto to 4-pin PC rebot to bios.

But second question how and what i need to set Boot Ultra Fast?, i set ultra fast but after rebot bios set to fast :(

I have SSD Transcend TS128GSSD370S.

You can only use the Ultra Fast setting of the Fast Boot option if you installed Windows in UEFI booting mode. That only works for Windows 8 - 10, not Windows 7.

If your Windows installation is not UEFI booting, Fast Boot will be reset to the Fast setting automatically, that is normal.

But if you install Windows for UEFI booting (CSM option set to Disabled), your video source must support a UEFI video protocol called GOP. Your GTX 460 video card is too old to support UEFI booting, the first Nvidia cards that support it are the 600 series.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic