ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - AsRock H81 PRO BTC R2.0 Does not start BIOS, no PO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AsRock H81 PRO BTC R2.0 Does not start BIOS, no PO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patricia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AsRock H81 PRO BTC R2.0 Does not start BIOS, no PO
    Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 4:36pm
Hi everyone!
I? building my first mining rig and there are one issue i face it right now that I can't figure out the solution myself.
Here are the specs:
MB asrock h81 pro btc r2.0
SDD
Intel Celeron G1840 Dual Core 2.8GHZ
8 gb ddr3 ram
MSI AMD Radeon RX 580 ARMOR 4gb
1300w PSU

I have one more GPU the same RX 580 and one more to come. Stil haven't receive my PCI-E risers, so I want to set up bios, install windows and everything. For that one GPU is enaugh, right?

So I installed everything on my motherboard and it worked very well. I mean fans on CPU, PSU and GPU are rotating and?? ??that's it. Nothing happens. Fans rotate for some time, then slow down and then rotate again as normal. I connected monitor using hdmi straight to GPU - nothing showing. I plugged other monitor using D-Sub connector on MB and nothing. I also noticed that my keyboard (Works perfectly on my other PC) I plugged in MB doesn't work (for example num lock button desn't light on/off when pressed). Looks like all usb slots on MB are without power. Also this D-sub slot for monitor doesn't give any signal or sign that it's doing something. Monitor is just blank. I expected to see bios startup, so I could install windows, but nothing.
Do You have any idea where is the problem?
Do You need any additional data to understand where the problem is?

Thanks in advance.

Here are how it looks: http://imgur.com/a/bxitZ
rjvais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjvais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 5:09pm
Same problem with 2 H81 Pro BTC R2.0.
More i read this forum, more i think that there is a defective series.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2017 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Patricia Patricia wrote:

Hi everyone!
I?嚙練 building my first mining rig and there are one issue i face it right now that I can't figure out the solution myself.
Here are the specs:
SDD
8 gb ddr3 ram
1300w PSU

I have one more GPU the same RX 580 and one more to come. Stil haven't receive my PCI-E risers, so I want to set up bios, install windows and everything. For that one GPU is enaugh, right?

So I installed everything on my motherboard and it worked very well. I mean fans on CPU, PSU and GPU are rotating and?? ??that's it. Nothing happens. Fans rotate for some time, then slow down and then rotate again as normal. I connected monitor using hdmi straight to GPU - nothing showing. I plugged other monitor using D-Sub connector on MB and nothing. I also noticed that my keyboard (Works perfectly on my other PC) I plugged in MB doesn't work (for example num lock button desn't light on/off when pressed). Looks like all usb slots on MB are without power. Also this D-sub slot for monitor doesn't give any signal or sign that it's doing something. Monitor is just blank. I expected to see bios startup, so I could install windows, but nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Your picture shows nothing connected to the GPU, just the Intel iGPU.

Remove the video card, and use the jumper on the board to clear the BIOS/CMOS. Connect the monitor to the iGPU and see if you get any video to the monitor. Be sure the monitor is set to the correct input, or set to Auto Select for the input.

This is to test if the PC is starting with your first try at using the board. Are you sure that the cable connected to the eight pin CPU power connector is a CPU power cable, and not an eight pin video cable?

No idea what model of memory you are using, and if it is compatible.

Connect the keyboard and mouse to a USB 2.0 port.

If you get a signal to the monitor with the iGPU, then you can try the video card.
Patricia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patricia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by parsec parsec wrote:

Hi everyone!
I?嚙練 building my first mining rig and there are one issue i face it right now that I can't figure out the solution myself.
Here are the specs:
SDD
8 gb ddr3 ram
1300w PSU

Thanks in advance.

Your picture shows nothing connected to the GPU, just the Intel iGPU.

Remove the video card, and use the jumper on the board to clear the BIOS/CMOS. Connect the monitor to the iGPU and see if you get any video to the monitor. Be sure the monitor is set to the correct input, or set to Auto Select for the input.

This is to test if the PC is starting with your first try at using the board. Are you sure that the cable connected to the eight pin CPU power connector is a CPU power cable, and not an eight pin video cable?

No idea what model of memory you are using, and if it is compatible.

Connect the keyboard and mouse to a USB 2.0 port.

If you get a signal to the monitor with the iGPU, then you can try the video card.

Hi! And thanks for the answer. 
I have connected correct 8 pin thing into GPU. The fans keep spinning, but nothing much happening.

Have cleared BIOS/CMOS - after doing that i get short (electricity) in room. I switch it back and my computer starts as usual (without POST).

Tried to remove and plug in other slot RAM - that doesn't change anything. Ran without RAM - nothing.

And all these four USB ports - they doesn't work. I mean none of them. Keyboard is not active. No lights on it, nothing.

I'll purchase this small buzzer/speaker for MB and try to figure out what sound does it make when i try to boot.

And follow these instructions:

https://www.biosflash.com/e/bios-beeps.htm

Any other ideas?

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2017 at 9:44pm

Hi! And thanks for the answer. 
I have connected correct 8 pin thing into GPU. The fans keep spinning, but nothing much happening.

Have cleared BIOS/CMOS - after doing that i get short (electricity) in room. I switch it back and my computer starts as usual (without POST).

Tried to remove and plug in other slot RAM - that doesn't change anything. Ran without RAM - nothing.

And all these four USB ports - they doesn't work. I mean none of them. Keyboard is not active. No lights on it, nothing.

I'll purchase this small buzzer/speaker for MB and try to figure out what sound does it make when i try to boot.

And follow these instructions:

https://www.biosflash.com/e/bios-beeps.htm

Any other ideas?

A POST beep speaker won't help, the BIOS option to enable the beep speaker is set to disabled by default.

I'm not sure what you mean by, "Have cleared BIOS/CMOS - after doing that i get short (electricity) in room. I switch it back and my computer starts as usual". The board won't start with the clear CMOS jumper in the clear position, that is normal, it must be on the non-clear pins. You only leave the jumper in the clear position (with no power at all going to the board) for a few seconds, and then move it back.

You didn't say if you tried to start the board without the video card, just using the iGPU.

You never told us what models of memory you are using. The board won't do anything without memory installed.

Have you used that PSU in another PC?
daticus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daticus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 10:22am
I'm having a similar issue. My monitor says no signal.

This is the RAM I used:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LDLUW8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(2x4GB sticks)

my CPU is the intel Celeron 1820

My PSU is the Cool Master V1200 Plat.

I'm also using the PCI risers but have removed everything that is plugged into the MOBO except the VGA connector for my monitor, CPU, RAM, 24 pin MOBO, AXT12V, and the external power switch (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XPZBM7V/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

So baically, my external GPU (amd 480) and hd (crucial 2.5" SSD SATA) are all unplugged.

What am I doing wrong?
daticus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daticus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:11am
Nevermind, after resetting the cmos it is now working.
SteeleJH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteeleJH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2017 at 10:10am
Has there been any reolution to the original problem?

I am having identical problem with nearly identical hardware and steps taken for troubleshooting

my RAM stick is not listed in the compatable models on the ASRock website for this board but it also doesn't list a lot of models
daticus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daticus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2017 at 1:29pm
It worked for me after setting the PCIe gen to 2. You might have to do some configuration to your BIOS (UEFI)
kyli_95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kyli_95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 2:30pm
Can someone help me. I have the exact same problem. 

I tried the cmos reset, but it doesn't work. I take it out put it in reset for 5 seconds and put it back right?

What do you mean by PCIe gen to 2?
- Elvin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic