ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which motherboards support 3.5mm retasking?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyuunex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which motherboards support 3.5mm retasking?
    Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 8:21am
You know when you plug in anything into any of the 3.5 mm jack? and it asks you "Which device did you plug in?". Well, this feature is apparently called "connector retasking".

I could just look up the codec, but in my example, I have AsRock H110M-ITX/ac and while the codec does support it according to realtek, the motherboard just doesn't offer this feature. That's why I'm asking you guys.

I wanna know which AsRock motherboards support this feature.

If you don't know, at least write down your motherboard model followed by a simple yes or no.

Thanks! :)

Edited by Kyuunex - 14 Sep 2017 at 8:22am
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Kyuunex Kyuunex wrote:

I could just look up the codec, but in my example, I have AsRock H110M-ITX/ac and while the codec does support it according to realtek, the motherboard just doesn't offer this feature. 

I've heard this before. Trust me when I say ASRock did not disable this feature.

Are you using the most current Realtek driver?

What device are you attempting this with? And I guess, why?

Here is a page I've long ago Bookmarked that shows how to edit the Registry to remap the ports. I just checked my Registry and they are still valid binary numbers, but it looks like the page is now showing its age by not listing all current values available today.

https://www.reaper-x.com/2012/02/13/how-to-remap-retasking-realtek-onboard-jacks-ports/

I would still try other options first.

Like........Have you disabled the Front Panel Audio in the BIOS?

X370 SLI/ac(r1.03, BIOS 5.10), 1500X, H115i, F4-4133C19D-16GTZA, 970 EVO M.2 250GB + 500GB, Tt Core X9 Black

16,441 - https://www.3dmark.com/fs/13030306
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 2:01pm
ps: I changed your Topic to more define what you're asking.
X370 SLI/ac(r1.03, BIOS 5.10), 1500X, H115i, F4-4133C19D-16GTZA, 970 EVO M.2 250GB + 500GB, Tt Core X9 Black

Kyuunex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyuunex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2017 at 8:23pm
I have not disabled anything in bios. I tried many different drivers. the ones available through the driver download page for this board, also the latest ones as well, drivers from different manufacturer and etc.

I do not get the GUI option to do that.

I know I can retask with registry but I want a more practical solution. with the gui.

that's why I'm trying to look for asrock motherboards that support it so I can try drivers available on their page.

(i asked this question on other forums and nobody with asrock board replied so, I'm asking here)
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 3:40am
Originally posted by Kyuunex Kyuunex wrote:

I have not disabled anything in bios.

I do not get the GUI option to do that.

Not that you disabled anythings, ASRock did not

Jack Panel - rt click on the Speaker icon in lower rt, select Sounds, move over two tabs to Playback, highlight Realtek Digital Audio, click Properties, then the General tab

If I'm right, I only have 2.1 here, you should see jack sensing happen here.

Kyuunex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyuunex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2017 at 9:26am
there is no device called "Realtek Digital Audio" on the list

Edited by Kyuunex - 15 Sep 2017 at 9:29am
Kyuunex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyuunex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2017 at 5:03pm
well, 2 weeks later, i still have no idea which asrock boards support this feature.
avinicius View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avinicius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 4:09am
Not possible on AB350M Pro4.
AMD Ryzen 5 2400G | ASRock AB350M Pro4 | G.SKILL Ripjaws V @ 3000 MT/s 16-16-16-35 (2x8 GiB) | Seasonic S12II-430
komakaze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote komakaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 12:20pm
I have this issue too.
I have a ASRock X470 MASTER SLI motherboard and it looks like it doesn't support audio port retasking.
All the motherboards I'd used in the last 10 years each allowed audio port retasking, I assumed this was a solved problem and all PC's allowed audio port retasking. I just bought a ASRock motherboard and am shocked to find I can't switch the audio ports.
Simple things like change Front Left and Front Right speakers with the Rear Left and Rear Right now can't be done in the Realtek HD Audio Manager program.
I've read there are registry edits that may allow these changes to be made, which I haven't tried yet.
If I had known this was going to be an issue I would have bought a different motherboard.

Can anyone confirm this is really a hardware limitation of some motherboards? or do I have some other kind of software issue preventing me from switching these audio outputs?

Leomund View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leomund Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 7:05am
That's what they answered me in the asrock support last year:
Originally posted by ASRock support ASRock support wrote:

Thanks for contacting ASRock.

For Z370 Extreme4, there is no support for Device advanced settings.

Becuase the audio channel is used for melody LED (Aura LED)

As a result, this is not missing the feature, it is the specification.

Please understand.

Thank you!

I replied that it is very strange technical solution. Because very few people use melody LED, but everyone uses the audio outputs, and would like to have more settings. But they ignored me.

Besides, I noticed that if I do not use Realtek high definition audio driver proposed by ASRock and instead of it use default windows 10 generic driver, it is possible to separate front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneously, this is the feature I needed and which is unavailable with ASRock driver. So there is no hardware restriction for it. But when I asked support about that they also ignored me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic