ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deskmini H110M-STX, i7-7700 Windows 10 freezes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2018 at 6:36pm
Hello guys !

I'm here with same problem as all of you.
I have next configuration:

Deskmini 110M-STX/COM
i7-7700
Noctua L9I
2x8Gb DDR4 2400 G.Skill
Samsung 850 Evo (SATA)
Win 10 x64

Can confirm freezes on some 2k and 1080p youtube videos.
Most often freezes with Waterfox, less often in latest Chrome and the most infrequent in MS Edge.

Playback video from SSD always works fine (any resolution, codecs and players).

Trick with disabling this states:

* CPU C6 State Support
* CPU C7 State Support
* Enhanced Halt State (C1E)
* CPU C3 State Support

states helps me partially - now I have freezes more rarely and more randomly.
I'v tried different bios version, but no luck. Most stable version for me is 7.50

Diagnostic Tools in BIOS did not find any problems.

It's very frustrating to have PC that can any moment hang-on and drop all of your work.
heartrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heartrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 8:50pm
I have disabled all the options you mentioned, but it still freezes, so frustrating.
clipboard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clipboard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 3:59am
@justishar
Where did you buy GIGABYTE GA-H110MSTX-HD3? I want to try it too.
sand39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sand39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 11:53am
I have the same problem !!! have been struggling for 6-9 months, but the problem worsen the past 1 month.  I use a Deskmini H110M-STX bought around 1.5 years ago, always Windows 10 latest version.

CPU: Intel i5-6400

Video freezes in all Chrome as well as Firefox.  Local disk video playback rarely have issues.  I flashed to the latest BIOS the past few days (v7.x) and found that now the event viewer recorded correctly the igfx issue whenever it freezes.

So what happen is igfx will basically fail and recover few times, until the whole box freezes.

I have run diagnoses on memory, and also remove wifi card to also remove all but just one internal SSD (normally i run two SSDs + an external USB HDD) left to make sure power supply is sufficient (though i don't have tool to prove).

I run Intel CPU Diagnositcs (include stress test) and it says no problem.

This make me feel that it is motherboard related, but unsure.

Please you really have to fix it.

I will try other people advise in the same thread and see if it help.

Thanks

Mat2018 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mat2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 3:58pm
Hi there,
I have two Deskminis 110 with different setups.

1. Bought new, 7600t with NH L9i, 16GB Crucial, 250GB 960 evo nvme, always win10, bought spring 17
2. ebay (used), G4560 with boxed cooler, 8GB noname, 120 GB Adata SU800 sata,  first win 7 later win10, bought summer 17

I was very happy with both of them for about one Year when #2 started to develop sometimes freezes or black screen with automatic restart of graphics driver. I first thought the problem was win7 with kabylake so I upgraded to win10, but that doesn't help. Because it was my (ht)pc I didn't  used often it was okay. But a few month later Deskmini #1 (main Pc) startet to freeze when watching videos.

So two deskmini, two problems but I little bit different.

#1 occurs much more rarely, freezes only with videos but then total freeze
#2 problem sometimes every 2 hours, sometimes every 2 minutes (!), but first restart of graphics driver, after a few restarts of graphics driver black screen, occurs mostly with videos played but also when no program or just the explorer is open.

Tried bios update/graphics driver, but nothing helped.
To help to find the error, I swapped the CPUs between the two deskminis and surprise, the problems I described came with the CPU,  so the behavior of the two deskminis also where swapped. I did the change for about 2-3 month. Then I changed back CPUs and again the behavior came with CPUs.

What I did, #1 (7600t) I did disabled video acceleration in chrome, that helped, still sometime freeze (about once a week) but I can life with it,
Disabled video acc in #2 (g4560) helped nothing, still freezing every few minutes, well it was freezing even when the system did nothing. So this system is simply not usable and I put it in the corner and replaced it with an older system I had.

So here from me no solution, what I do, I will try some different cpu (waiting for a cheap g3900 on ebay) and hope it will help, because it is definitly some kind of cpu related (at least the effects).

jeb3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeb3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 6:25am
I have the same issue on both Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10.  I can't get by 10 minutes without a freeze when watching videos in browser (Youtube, Twitch on FF or Chrome).  I have disabled options mentioned here to no avail, and am running BIOS 7.70  

Hardware: Kaby Lake i5 7500,  EVO 850 SSD

I have been running on VGA cord since the get go as the monitor I'm using with this is old.   Are others having this issue on HDMI / Displayport as well?

Just curious.

John
Mat2018 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mat2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by jeb3 jeb3 wrote:

I have been running on VGA cord since the get go as the monitor I'm using with this is old.   Are others having this issue on HDMI / Displayport as well?

I have the problems on Displayport and HDMI.

Originally posted by Mat2018 Mat2018 wrote:

So here from me no solution, what I do, I will try some different cpu (waiting for a cheap g3900 on ebay) and hope it will help, because it is definitly some kind of cpu related (at least the effects).

I tried a new cpu, a G4400t from a Lenovo tiny 710m, not so much freezes like the g4560 but more than the 7600t. The one thing last which I think would be interesting to test the configuration with a brand new deskmini. Because every component was changed and the problems stayed. But because I had no problems in first months I think something on the mainboard went broken. Anybody tried a new Deskmini mainboard, exchange from dealer/manufactor ?

Mat2018 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mat2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 11:44pm
Great NEWS everyone !!!! Smile

There's a bios update to Version 8.00, Description "Enhance system stability"!
 I installed it about 30 min ago, not one single freeze on my system where I had a freeze about every few minutes. Now it seems absoluty stable, I can watch videos, many Tabs and everything.

Now you can again have fun with your Deskminis !
Best greetings from Germany!

Mat

flipelunico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flipelunico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2018 at 11:27pm
Hello guys!

I have the same problem , even with the 8.00 bios version Cry

Anyone find the solution ?

Saludos desde Chile Smile
dot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 12:44am
Aloha folks !

I had deskmini freezes issues before.

2 weeks ago I have update my deskmini (STX/COM) to the latest bios:
version 7.80 with "Enhance system stability" description.

So last two weeks I see no freezes, all looks good.

I also enable back this features BTW:

* CPU C6 State Support
* CPU C7 State Support
* Enhanced Halt State (C1E)
* CPU C3 State Support

and everything works fine.

And I wanna say thanks to engeneers who fixed this creepy issue.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic