ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

z370 Extreme4 | Bios Update won't upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant1995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: z370 Extreme4 | Bios Update won't upgrade
    Posted: 07 Dec 2017 at 8:13am
Every time i try to do a bios update from 1.0 to 1.3 it says its completed but when i go back to the app store it still says im at version 1.0.. please help

Edited by Ant1995 - 07 Dec 2017 at 8:13am
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 9:48am

Dear Ant1995,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Have you tried to update BIOS by Instant Flash?

Please download the BIOS from below link and follow the below steps to update BIOS.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z370%20Extreme4/index.asp#BIOS

1.       Save the BIOS files on a device such as USB disk (FAT32 format), hard disk (FAT32 format) and floppy drive.

2.       Press [F6] during POST to get into Instant Flash menu.

3.       Select the suitable BIOS version and flash.

Thank you!

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

rigogs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rigogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 10:44am
yea had to do the update in BIOS with Instant Flash--ASRock has been updating bios frequently lately--I sure hope that Z370M Pro4(1.40)ROM does the trick, getting sick of pc rebooting for no reason at all with i5-8600K and approved mem and no overclock.  Just finished update and so far so good... will see.

Ant1995 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant1995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 11:53am
Hey i appreciate your answer! Few questions i've been dying to be answered:

1. What exactly is instant flash? And to update my bios this way do i need it on an external usb or something im confused and nervous about bios but would love the update.

2. I had previously an MSI motherboard and it has Fast bios which means my computer booted up within 5 seconds or so... However.. when my computer turns on or restarts it take close to 5 minutes and it makes me nervous/tiredsome. (is there a fast bios option or anything to make this Quick/semi-normal) 

3. My computer tends to restart twice in a row and i read that, that is some kind of issue or abnormal?

Any other tips/advice for Extreme4 Edition aka apps or anything in general that you could slide my way? I'm new to AsRock and my friend highly recommends you guys! :)
rigogs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rigogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 6:04am
1. yep you got it, copy the Instant Flash bios (not win) to usb and run it from bios by hitting Del or F2
2. this issue sounds like OS, something is delaying your full start into the desktop, if you changed motherboards and used same boot drive, it would be best to uninstall all MSI software and drivers.  If problem persists you may have to systematically turn off drivers until you find the culprit.
3. installing latest bios could fix the double restart issue
ASRock has been a reliable mb source, this new x370m has had bios issues but looks like they are getting close to solving them all--at least this pc is not crashing after latest install.

Ant1995 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant1995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 8:48am
So i have to download it on a USB then go to my bios and then plug in USB? Can you explain ind epth so i don't screw anything up? Thanks man!
rigogs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rigogs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 11:17am
yea just download file http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/BIOS/1151/Z370%20Extreme4(1.30)ROM.zip it needs to be extracted from that ZIP file.  Copy the extracted file to USB drive and reboot PC.  Look for the bios menu and hit Del or F2 key.  From there go to lower right corner and select bios Instant Flash, the other option will be Internet-this works ok--sometimes but stick to Instant Flash.  Instant Flash will search USB drive and when it finds it just follow prompts to update Bios.  It will reboot by itself and then go to progress window. Will reboot again when finished and you are all set--pretty much easy street.  Just make sure you have the right file, mine is the z360M not same as yours. 
Ant1995 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant1995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 11:33am
What program should i download to unzip it? Do i just drag it out and put it in the folder?
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 10:27am

Dear Ant1995

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, just download the BIOS from below link and drag it out to a USB drive (FAT32 format). http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/BIOS/1151/Z370%20Extreme4(1.30)ROM.zip

And follow the below steps to update BIOS.

1. Save the BIOS files on a device such as USB disk (FAT32 format), hard disk (FAT32 format) and floppy drive.

2. Press [F6] during POST to get into Instant Flash menu.

3. Select the suitable BIOS P1.30 and flash.

Thank you!

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

Ant1995 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ant1995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2017 at 10:31am
Do you have any idea why my computer takes so long to start up? Close to 5 minutes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic