ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Connecting intel P900 to PCIE4: x4 mode

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boloyeung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Connecting intel P900 to PCIE4: x4 mode
    Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 8:55am
Hi, is it possible to conect Intel P900 Optane (PCIE x4) to PCIE4: x4 mode on Asrock z370m Pro4?
Will it affect the GPU connected to PCIE1: x16 mode? Is PCIE4 lanes going to CPU or chipset? I know that there 16 pcie lanes for cpu and 24? pcie lanes for chipset. I have not been able to find any information about PCIE lanes for Asrock z370m Pro4. I need to run GPU only in x16 mode. If PCIE4 reduces it to X8 mode it will not be acceptable and I will have to use other means e.g. ultra m.2 sockets (btw how are they different from m.2 on contemporary z370 mb?) Is there any adapter PCIE 3 x4 -> ultra m.2? 

Thanks
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 10:01am

Dear Boloyeung,

Thank you for contacting ASRock.

Regarding your question, when two PCIE devices installing on Z370M Pro4, the PCIE1 will work at x16 mode (CPU lanes) and PCIE4 will work at x4 mode (Chipset).

So you can use the GPU at x16 mode and PCIE SSD work at x4 mode in the same time.

Thank you!

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic