ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taichi x370 issue. No reply from Tech Support.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemogaminguk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taichi x370 issue. No reply from Tech Support.
    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 6:24pm
Hi, so first of all I was just wondering if you guys know how long or usually takes for the tech guys to email back? I messaged over a week ago and have heard nothing? Anyway, here is my issue...

Basically my pc was working fine untill I noticed that even though it was noticing all 16gb of ram I was only able to use 8gb. So I thought id resit the ram first to see if there was an issue. I took them all out and put them back in and now my pc is stuck in a reboot loop and is displaying error codes relating to memory. It starts om 3F for about 10 seconds then goes to code 4b till it reboots. I have cleared cmos and have tested all sticks and all slots and also booted with no RAM and it is still doing the same thing. I find it so strange as the pc was ok before that (other than the not reading all the memory) any ideas on things I can try?

My pc is

Ryzen 7 1700
Asrock Taichi x370
Ballistix LT 2400 16gb
Asus rog strix 1070 non-oc
Corsair rm750x gold+

Edited by Nemogaminguk - 13 Jan 2018 at 6:25pm
zlobster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by Nemogaminguk Nemogaminguk wrote:

Hi, so first of all I was just wondering if you guys know how long or usually takes for the tech guys to email back?

6 months and still counting... Don't hold your breath, ASRock is not renowned for good tech support, as you can judge by how active this forum is.

2 things here - either your RAM has gone haywire, or it's your mobo.

Update UEFI to latest version, then try with just 1 stick of RAM. With the same stick try the different RAM slots, while clearing CMOS between each iteration. Repeat with the next stick and report back.
1700X ZP-B1 (stock); X370 Taichi (UEFI 3.10); 16GB F4-3200C14-8GFX XMP; 256GB 960 EVO; RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 12:52am
Nemogaminguk, those codes are progress codes.  See here - http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=16017
The original problem was probably a poorly seated stick, bad stick or bad slot.  Please follow zlobster's scheme for determining what the problem is.  Enjoy, John.

EDIT: Response time for ASRock TSD has been fine for me.  I suggest you open another ticket.

Edited by MisterJ - 14 Jan 2018 at 12:55am
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
Nemogaminguk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemogaminguk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 1:28am
Originally posted by zlobster zlobster wrote:

6 months and still counting... Don't hold your breath, ASRock is not renowned for good tech support, as you can judge by how active this forum is.

2 things here - either your RAM has gone haywire, or it's your mobo.

Update UEFI to latest version, then try with just 1 stick of RAM. With the same stick try the different RAM slots, while clearing CMOS between each iteration. Repeat with the next stick and report back.

Sorry I have already tested all sticks and all slots. Also, I believe I have the latest update but if not then how can I update it if the pc won't post? Just seems odd that the pc was working fine(ish) one minute then all of a sudden it won't even boot up.

Edited by Nemogaminguk - 14 Jan 2018 at 1:33am
Nemogaminguk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemogaminguk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 1:31am
[URL=][/URL]
Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

Nemogaminguk, those codes are progress codes.? See here - http://forum.hwbot.org/showthread.php?t=16017
The original problem was probably a poorly seated stick, bad stick or bad slot.? Please follow zlobster's scheme for determining what the problem is.? Enjoy, John.

EDIT: Response time for ASRock TSD has been fine for me.? I suggest you open another ticket.

Yeah I read on dr.debug that they are both memory related. And I wish it was just a badly seated stick but I have tried all slots and all sticks in all the combos. So I assume my mobo has died? How can one just die for no reason though? Seems odd. Never had this happen with other boards.

Edited by Nemogaminguk - 14 Jan 2018 at 1:33am
zlobster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 4:07am
If none of the RAM roulette spins didn't yield any luck, then most likely your mobo bite the dust.

Just to clarify, your RAM could also be fried and your mobo could be working just fine. Best way to know for sure - get a single cheap stick from the QVL as see if it works.
1700X ZP-B1 (stock); X370 Taichi (UEFI 3.10); 16GB F4-3200C14-8GFX XMP; 256GB 960 EVO; RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic