ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AsRock Win7 USB Patcher

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AsRock Win7 USB Patcher
    Posted: 05 Feb 2018 at 7:30pm
Hi Guys, I've tried to ask to the support with no luck about it. Anyone got that program working properly?

I've tried patching an ISO on a pen drive, the progam say "this will take a couple of minute" but after 90 minutes it still working on (with progress over 350%) and then I kill the program.

I've tried to just making a patched ISO...and it worked! He create an ISO...but is 22GB big!!!!

Any suggestion?

(ps: using googletranslator)
VUMeter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VUMeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 7:00am
I used it and it worked for me.
I can't remember exactly what I did but I followed the instructions as best I could, that's normally what I do unless something looks glaringly stupid and I think I know better.
I used an Atom netbook, so it took an absolute age to patch the Win7 Pro x64 .ISO

It worked though, as I say.  I could install Win7.
Once Win7 was installed though, there weren't any proper drivers to make something (keyboard or mouse?) work properly.
I switched to a USB stick of PuppyLinux, which allowed me to shove some of the AMD installers onto the Win desktop.
Then could boot to Windows and install drivers from there, which must have been the chipset/all-in-one driver, and then all was well.

That was a test install on a HDD.  I proved it worked, but knew that Win7 wasn't really being properly supported.  There were some other things I wanted which Win10 offered (no, not Cortana or aggressive updates!) and so I installed Windows 10 Pro fresh on the SSD.
X370 TaiChi | 1700X P3.10 stock clocks | (2x 16GB) 32GB FlareX 2400MHz.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 10:52am
I don"t remember patching on a stick.

Seems I did it with the ISO residing on HDD or SSD, then moved the patched iso to a flash.
Nothing here. Move on!

16,441 - https://www.3dmark.com/fs/13030306
VUMeter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VUMeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 6:12pm
Sorry, yes, that makes more sense.
I must have used the HDD as the place to rebuild the patched .ISO and let the tool (or used something else like rufus) to copy to the USB stick.

It was September when I did it, can't recall it all.  Sorry.
Kayato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2018 at 4:46am
Thanks for your help guys! Sorry I didn't reply earlier but I hadn't received any notifications.
I'm glad to know this program works properly. Any chance you remember how long did it take to patch? Could it take hours? Maybe I did something wrong as when I run it there's a writing "It may take a couple of minutes"... 

Thanks!

Bye
VUMeter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VUMeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 12:20am
It took a damn long time (hour or two), but this was on an n2600 Atom netbook, with 2GB RAM and a single HDD.  On a more muscular system, I'd expect a quicker result.

ssateneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssateneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 2:10am
The problem with Asrock USB patcher is if the USB drive is too big, the windows program used to format the USB drive will refuse to format as FAT32, which is the only way USB patcher will do it. I think the upper limit is an 8GB drive. Sure you can format it to FAT32 using 3rd party utlities, but default windows utility (DISKPART) wont do it.

If USB patcher did NTFS formatting, it would likely work, though BIOS/UEFI needs to support NTFS out of the box, which some don't. Rufus does NTFS bootable USB drives by adding a hidden EFI FAT32 partition that loads first and loads an NTFS driver, then hands off to the main NTFS partition for booting.
MB: X399 Taichi, UEFI L3.32
VGA: EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
PSU: Seasonic PRIME 1300 W PLATINUM
CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X
MEM: 4x16GB, 3600MHz G.Skill Trident Z F4-3600C17Q-64GTZKW
Kayato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 7:00pm
Mission accomplished!

When I tried "create for USB" it will take ages! When I used "create an ISO" the outcome was 20GB big or more!
But I found the "bug"!
When I choose "create an ISO" and then "choose the Win7 ISO" it will make a new ISO image with ALL MY  FILE AND FOLDERS in that folder!
The solution: I move the Win7 ISO to my HDD main root.

Everything is fine now......more or less, just wrestling with some drivers, like "I thought the Ethernet/Lan drivers were already inside the AllinOne pack!"

Thanks again to everyone! 
Kapil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kapil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 9:55pm
usb pecher driver need plese help me

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Kapil Kapil wrote:

usb pecher driver need plese help me

without knowing what motherboard we cannot help you at all

but you can help yourself by going to the asrock support page and looking at the driver section yourself
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic