ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty Z370 Professional Gaming i7 Aquantia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TamVegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty Z370 Professional Gaming i7 Aquantia
    Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:18am
One of the reasons I bought this Motherboard is the Aquantia 10 gig NIC. I just set up a 10g network in my house. However the Aquantia nic takes dforever to establish a connection and while it tries to connect at 10g it settles back to 1g unless I set it to a 10 g  only connection in the device settings. However then at a reboot it won't connect at all till I rest it to auto in device settings and then it connects at 1g again. Both of the Intel nics connect immediately on boot up or wake from sleep, however the Aquantia takes 20 to 30 seconds to connect. I have the latest driver installed and am connecting to an Ubiquiti 10 gig switch. I've had to use an Intel 520 SFP+ nic to get to 10g which defeats a large part of why I bought this board.
Anyone have any ideas on how to get the Aquantia nic working dependably at 10 g?

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:22am
The driver on the Aquantia site have gone a long ways in resolving many issues Users have reported here. YMMV

https://www.aquantia.com/driver-download/
TamVegas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TamVegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:32am
Wardog, Thanks but the Aquantia site downloads isn't working right now. I'll try again later. I believe I'm using the latest driver (.033).
Should I try contacting Aquantia support for help with this?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:43am
Originally posted by TamVegas TamVegas wrote:

Wardog, Thanks but the Aquantia site downloads isn't working right now. I'll try again later. I believe I'm using the latest driver (.033).
Should I try contacting Aquantia support for help with this?

You might. 10Gig being newish I can envision negotiation issues are what you're seeing there. My 2cents from a distance anyways. You understand Wireshark? If not, don't bother. It's a steep learning curve, and one you shouldn't now choose to learn.

Do a fresh driver install and see. If not, yea, were it me I'd contact them and deal with them. I'm not shunning ASRock here, ok? Just that Aquantia will have a more through grasp is all.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 3:02am
I just spoke with the IT guys at Aquantia.

They are forwarding me the file until such time as they correct that bad download.

When I receive it I'll post it to ZippyShare for you.
TamVegas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TamVegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 3:34am
Thanks Wardog, but I think they got the download issue corrected. I was just able to download a new version driver (2.0.1) and it corrects all issues (so far)! I am getting a solid connect at 10g within 5 seconds and my network transfer is running between 550 and 800 mps or better (with cacheing). I hope ASRock updates their driver page soon.
Thanks very much for the help. Now I can pull the Intel 520 card and get my 1080ti's in sli again.

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 3:36am
You're Welcome. Glad to have helped you.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 3:40am
hahahaha

That old "not working' link pointed a file name that apparently doesn't exist anymore.

You catch that? They changed the file name.
AJMusic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJMusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 4:48am
I know this is very old....
I have a AsRock fatality z370 Professional Gaming i7, i never got the dirver from Aquantia to work, but did not had 10Gbe back then (2,5 years i think), but i now have 10Gbe! And i want to connect faster to my nas, but for a reason i can not get the driver installed on Windows.
On Ubuntu all works fine, butin windows i can not get the sucker to work... i found out that in the driver itself are other sdid and svid's then in the INF file. Also the problem with the firmware upgrade, so it seems this is an very early board maybe and the id's are changed later?
However it is impossible to get it to work, or i need someone whocan edit the inf file to get it to work... Also tried lastet drivers from Marvell site but no luck with taht same problem with the sdid and svid that are not on the list.

Anybody having same problems?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic