ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Killer Sli/ac Won't Post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coltsbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Killer Sli/ac Won't Post
    Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 10:43am
So I'm at a bit of a loss for what to do here. I had setup my computer last month and everything was working great, I was up and running with BIOS version 3.4. I heard that BIOS 4.5 had come out and tried to update to that. The update to the bridge BIOS went smoothly, everything ran perfect. I then updated to 4.5, and that's where the problems started. I got to the screen where it asked me to restart the computer after BIOS update, hit enter, and then my computer went into an endless power cycle loop without post. I thought that the update had somehow corrupted, so I RMA'd the board and just received the new one. After setting that all up, I get the same symptoms.

I have tried clearing CMOS, I tried removing the ram and booting, I tried removing the GPU and booting, and nothing works. The only thing I can arrive at now is I think somehow something happened to the CPU during the BIOS update, but I'm not sure how that would happen. Here are my specs:

Ryzen 5 1600x
X370 Killer SLI/ac
PNY Anarchy 16GB DDR4 2400
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2
EVGA Supernova 650W G3

This all worked perfectly fine before that initial update to 4.5. I'm honestly at a loss, and before I start a CPU RMA I would like to see what everyone else thinks.
kerberos_20 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 1:19pm
first boot take some time (several reboots)
in some cases it can take few minutes
maybe record on video what dr debug shows? that could help
Coltsbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coltsbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 7:31am
Wasn't a first boot issue. It won't even POST, just 10 second power loops (have let it go for 6-7 times before, no POST). This all worked fine on BIOS version 3.4 and issues started after updating to 4.5 (after update to bridge BIOS 3.5 worked fine). 

I tried hooking in a motherboard speaker to it and had no beeps. I am having a friend test it in his rig to see if it beeps. If it does, I read that the issue is my CPU (this Mobo is a RMA from Asrock that was tested to work). 
deskok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deskok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2018 at 5:56pm
I have the same issue, it keep rebooting by itself and flashing of RED LED light after bios upgrade. I don't know what to do now?
des
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic