ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taichi x370 Raid 1 for windows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joesmith149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taichi x370 Raid 1 for windows
    Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 3:06am
I've tried a lot of different things and I keep running into roadblocks. I'm running a Taichi x370 motherboard with WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM drives. I have windows on a USB and I have the two drives setup using the onboard RAID controller in a RAID 1 array. I've booted from the USB and gotten into the windows install. I have loaded the drivers from the CD as well as I've tried with the lastest from the site. I can see my drive but when I select it to install windows on I get:

We couldn? create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more information, see the Setup log files.

So I did my searching and tried using diskpart to create a partition, format it and make it active. Still no luck, the same error message. I tried loaded without RAID and it works fine so the drives are ok. It's just when using the onboard RAID controller I'm running into this. Any ideas?
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 4:19am
joesmith149, as far as I know ASRock has not released a BIOS/UEFI for RAID supporting NVMe drives (M.2) for the X370 boards, but should some day.  Please open an ASRock ticket and bug them if you are interested.  So please find a smaller font and post your complete specifications as I have in my signature.  There is an old RAID support on X370 that should work for SATA drives.  We can try to get that working but you should be aware that when the NVMe support comes out, you will need to delete any old style RAIDs.  So, please tell me what instructions and what drivers you are using and what you want to do.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
joesmith149 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joesmith149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 7:00am
I'm running Taichi x3700, AMD Ryzen 7 1700, 2x WD Blue 1TB Sata 6gb 7200 RPM, Obsidian 750D, EBA SuperNova 750 G3, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2400, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 TI.

So what I have done so far is the follows:

1. Went into the BIOS/UEFI and set it to RAID for the hard drive configuration
2. Loaded the RAID drivers onto a USB drive.
3. Went into the RAID configuration (CTRL-R) and setup a Raid 1 array with the two drives with caching set to read/write
4. Booted from a USB drive for windows and made it up to the screen where you choose the hard drive.
5. I loaded the drivers from the USB drive and my RAID drive appeared.
6. When I selected the drive it gave the error message that it couldn't create the partition on the drive.
7. I did a shift F10
8. I ran diskpart where I took the drive, cleared it, created a partition, formatted it with NTFS quick, and set it to active.
9 Still couldn't use the drive.

Since these aren't SSDs I'm just looking to use the old RAID ways with the MB and still running into issues. If there is another way I'm all for trying. No data on the drives so can try anything.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 8:14am
joesmith149, I'm only guessing since you did not specify all I asked for.  Post you power supply, OS and  BIOS/UEFI and what instructions you are following and drivers you are using.  What kind of RAID are you creating?  I would suggest you try setting GPT in your Diskpart step (Convert GPT).  Do it after doing a Clean.  The new RAID is GPT when created.  Don't forget if in the future you want to upgrade you will need to delete your RAID.  I suspect you will also either not be able to update your BIOS/UEFI beyond the new RAID version or update and Delete current RAID(s).  Enjoy, John.

EDIT:  Got Power supply.  Please tell me specifically which RAID driver you are using - DL file and specific folder.

Edited by MisterJ - 12 Feb 2018 at 8:30am
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
Asrock sucks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asrock sucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 5:59pm
Asrock is the worst customer service I have ever seen what a load of rubbish quick to take the money after that nothing.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 11:41pm
Asrock sucks, I hope you are not talking about us, because we are not ASRock.  This is a user forum. If you have a problem with ASRock, please open an ASRock ticket and give them your best.  Enjoy, John.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic