ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows 7 Install

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows 7 Install
    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 7:18am
Has anybody managed to install Windows 7?
I made a bootable setup drive with the provided tool, but before the bigibnibg of the installation I get a bsod that says something like "this bios is not completely AHCI compatible" ..... I'm tryin to get 7 working just to update it to 10 with my genuine retail key.

AB350 gaming mini itx, bios 4.50. No problems with windows 10 obviously.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 7:30am
X370 SLI/ac(r1.03, BIOS 5.10), 1500X, H115i, F4-4133C19D-16GTZA, 970 EVO M.2 250GB + 500GB, Tt Core X9 Black

16,441 - https://www.3dmark.com/fs/13030306
Prodif View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prodif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 12:27pm
cubebucket
Programmers of this vendor support Microsoft, but it is possible to install Windows 7 x64.

Supports Windows  7/10 for
                           7th-Gen AMD A-Series Processors
                           AMD Ryzen Desktop Processor
                           AMD X370 Chipset
                           AMD B350 Chipset
                           AMD A320 Chipset

Windows 10 only for
                           AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processor
                           AMD Ryzen Desktop Processor with Radeon Vega Graphics (2200G/2400G)
                           AMD X399 Chipset
ASRock x370 Taichi (bios v2.36) / Ryzen-1800X / Crucial CT16G4DFD824A x2 / GPU: AMD R9 NANO / SSD NVMe Samsung 960 PRO MZ-V6P1T0BW (M.2) / HDD SATA 3TB x6 / PSU: Corsair AX860i
ps. RedDragon, by AG
cubebucket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

MS used to offer to DL 10 and install it with your 7 key.

https://www.howtogeek.com/265409/you-can-still-get-windows-10-for-free-from-microsofts-accessibility-site/

Well, used to :) I don't think this is still possible.

I need a way to solve the 0x00000a5 error I get. I don't have the PC with me at the moment so I cannot check if in the bios there is "windows 7 compatibility" option, like I have in my MSI intel board.
Gronar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gronar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by cubebucket cubebucket wrote:

https://www.howtogeek.com/265409/you-can-still-get-windows-10-for-free-from-microsofts-accessibility-site/

I need a way to solve the 0x00000a5 error I get. I don't have the PC with me at the moment so I cannot check if in the bios there is "windows 7 compatibility" option, like I have in my MSI intel board.
It is still possible, a friend of mine just did it over the weekend.  Win 7 Ultimate key worked just fine.
A320M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2400G, WD Black NVMe 256GB SSD, G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4 2400, Seagate Barracuda 4TB, Thermaltake Smart RGB 500W, EVGA GTX 950 SSC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Gronar Gronar wrote:

It is still possible, a friend of mine just did it over the weekend.? Win 7 Ultimate key worked just fine.

Wow awesome!!! Any hint on how to make it work? I'm gonna try tonight, so, your help would be greatly appreciated :)
Gronar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gronar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 9:52pm

Originally posted by Gronar Gronar wrote:

It is still possible, a friend of mine just did it over the weekend.? Win 7 Ultimate key worked just fine.

Wow awesome!!! Any hint on how to make it work? I'm gonna try tonight, so, your help would be greatly appreciated :)
He just input the key when asked while doing a win 10 install off of USB.  Once the system was up and running and connected to the internet it activated without issue.
A320M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2400G, WD Black NVMe 256GB SSD, G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4 2400, Seagate Barracuda 4TB, Thermaltake Smart RGB 500W, EVGA GTX 950 SSC
MikeBE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MikeBE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 10:17pm
I'm running Windows 7 on an X370 Taichi with the Ryzen 7 1700x. To do so was a major pain.

First, I created an ISO using ASRock's tool. Then I created a bootable DVD from that ISO.

From there:

• I had to physically disconnect every other drive so that the only two drives were my DVD and the target drive where Windows 7 would be installed.
  • I used a USB-to-PS/2 mouse adapter that I had in one of my parts bins. I connected the mouse only. No keyboard.
  • I booted from the DVD and used the mouse and on-screen keyboard for the installation and to fill in all information.
  • With all other drives still disconnected, I then installed the various ASRock drivers and AMD video drivers. This allowed me to have everything recognized: USB ports, WiFi, audio, etc.
  • I connected my keyboard and rebooted and then began the massive installation of Windows 7 updates - probably about 300-400 in all, taking roughly six to eight hours.
  • I reconnected my other drives and rebooted.
  • Windows updates now apply correctly, and I really like my system running Windows 7 and not Windows 10.
I'm overclocking this PC, but Windows doesn't recognize it. Whatever.

Edited by MikeBE - 07 Mar 2018 at 10:17pm
-Mike Elek
http://photographytoday.net
MikeBE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MikeBE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 10:46pm
By the way, I tried using a USB drive for the Windows 7 installation, but it wouldn't recognize my target drive as being valid. It would only work (for me) using a DVD installation.
-Mike Elek
http://photographytoday.net

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by MikeBE MikeBE wrote:

I'm running Windows 7 on an X370 Taichi with the Ryzen 7 1700x. To do so was a major pain.

First, I created an ISO using ASRock's tool. Then I created a bootable DVD from that ISO.

From there:

• I had to physically disconnect every other drive so that the only two drives were my DVD and the target drive where Windows 7 would be installed.

• I used a USB-to-PS/2 mouse adapter that I had in one of my parts bins. I connected the mouse only. No keyboard.
  • I booted from the DVD and used the mouse and on-screen keyboard for the installation and to fill in all information.
  • With all other drives still disconnected, I then installed the various ASRock drivers and AMD video drivers. This allowed me to have everything recognized: USB ports, WiFi, audio, etc.
  • I connected my keyboard and rebooted and then began the massive installation of Windows 7 updates - probably about 300-400 in all, taking roughly six to eight hours.
  • I reconnected my other drives and rebooted.
  • Windows updates now apply correctly, and I really like my system running Windows 7 and not Windows 10.
I'm overclocking this PC, but Windows doesn't recognize it. Whatever.

Well dude, we have no DVD reader in this mini itx build. So I guess we are ***** and forced to buy a new genuine windows 10 key instead of updating our genuine and legitimate windows 7. That's a real pity.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic