ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ram LIFE aging. Ryzen cpu must lucky for DDR4???
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ram LIFE aging. Ryzen cpu must lucky for DDR4???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 3:36am
I THINK

and its not 100%

but i think hardware monitor tab says the soc as well, on my taichi anyway

im running 1.05v soc
seems after initial release higher soc overall would be backwards step for stability, i used to run 1.15 but no need now and some guys said they had less stable systems on higher soc volts than with mild increase

r7 1700 powercolor reddevil vega64 gskill tridentz3866 taichi x370 evga 750watt gold
cristy6100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristy6100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 3:51am
On my X370 ITX/ac I have no SoC voltage entry in hardware monitor, if I check with Ryzen Master after setting offset to 70mv for SoC it still read 1.1V when checking the "Current" page entry,
I attached a HWMonitor screen, as you can see the readings are all over the place for the voltages, can someone with a X370 ITX/ac confirm there is no SoC voltage reading ?

Main Rig: AMD Ryzen 2400G | ASRock Fatality X370 ITX/ac UEFI 4.90 | Corsair LPX DDR4 2400@3200 1.35V | Corsair RM650i PSU | CM ML120L AiO Cooler
PatriotVipers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PatriotVipers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 7:48am

Wow,

You have raised a lot of serious issues regarding the Ryzen platform that I was completely unaware of.

The appeal of the new Ryzen CPUs (2200G/2400G) with integrated Vega 8/11 graphics was it's price-to-performance ratio. But what I'm hearing from you suggests that it's only an illusion.

My Patriot Vipers are on the QVL Memory list for Raven Ridge memory compatibility but they only boot up @ 2133MHz. That's not right.

I, however, have them working now at a stable speed of 2800MHz by setting my own timings. It's kind of ridiculous that a person who knows next to nothing can get their chips working at a faster stable speed than a genius company like ASRock.

Oh well, thanks for your in-depth reply. I really appreciate it. I hope it helps others others as well.

The one thing that you said that makes me wonder about though is that the advertised speeds are for Intel and not AMD. But motherboards that are designed by ASRock are designed for specific CPUs. Obviously an AM4 motherboard can only run AMD AM4 socket chips. So, ASRock AM4 motherboards advertising memory speeds @ 3200MHz with an overclock are obviously not for Intel. Unless you were talking just about the rated speed of the memory chips themselves.

I think the easiest route for anyone who wants extreme performance in gaming is to just buy a good discrete graphics card. Then you aren't left hoping and praying that you will get the performance that you paid for.

I never cared about overclocking my memory past 2933MHz which is what ASRock's QVL for Raven Ridge memory list says it will work at. That's all I wanted!

Edited by PatriotVipers - 25 Apr 2018 at 7:55am
System: AMD 2200G, ASRock AB350M Pro4, 16GB(2x8GB) 3000MHz Patriot Vipers (running @ 2134MHz *crying*).
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 1:37am
@ cristy6100

no i meant the hardware monitor tab in the bios

shows volts and temps in bios

although when checking in windows cpuid hardware monitor my taichi does show vddcr-soc volts
6th listing down from the top just above dram

Edited by datonyb - 26 Apr 2018 at 1:40am

r7 1700 powercolor reddevil vega64 gskill tridentz3866 taichi x370 evga 750watt gold
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 1:45am
Originally posted by PatriotVipers PatriotVipers wrote:

So, ASRock AM4 motherboards advertising memory speeds @ 3200MHz with an overclock are obviously not for Intel. Unless you were talking just about the rated speed of the memory chips themselves.

the rated speed of the ram sticks is rated for an intel system, xmp is intel (extreme memory profile)
the issue is these sticks have a firmware designed for intel bios and cpu, when you place them in an amd system it trys to use the data to its best ability...and in the early am4 bios it didnt do it very well

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic