ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

x399 Fatal1ty Linux problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgfamily8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x399 Fatal1ty Linux problem
    Posted: 11 Apr 2018 at 5:08am
I have a new build with a x399 Fatal1ty and Ryzen 1950x (see signature for rest of specs), Windows 10 installed fine. Linux Mint would not install but Ubuntu 16 with Cinnamon installed. I have not spent a lot of time on Windows (hate Windows) but it seemed fine. Ubuntu loaded but acts a bit flaky. Clicking on items (menus, closing windows, etc) sometimes gets and immediate response but often times there is a 5-10 second delay. When Ubuntu loads the background is black but after a long while (a few hours, a day, when ever it decides) the background changes to the Ubuntu purply to orange screen color. When the screen color changes the background cannot be changed and left clicking on the desktop or the icons does nothing, although right clicking on the desktop still works. When I load up a VM (with windows 7) it takes forever to load (as in more than 10 minutes). Once it loads it seems ok but I haven't worked in the VM yet.

Is there a setting I'm missing? Is this a problem with Ubuntu? The bios settings are defaulted except iommu which is disabled (the only way Windows would install).

My 9 year old machine works better than this at the moment.
x399 Fatal1ty, Ryzen 1950X, G.SKILL Ripjaws V 24GB, Enermax Liqtech 280 AIO, SAMSUNG 960 M.2 500GB, WD Gold 4TB 7200 HDD, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Seasonic PRIME Ultra 1000W 80+ Titanium Power
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic