ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Problems with a case fan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noryxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems with a case fan
    Posted: 22 Apr 2018 at 4:25am
Hey,

so i have had this "problem" for quite some time now. At some point i really stopped caring but now my curiosity is back after some "incident".

I have an ASRock Z170 Extreme 4 Mainboard in my Corsair Obsidian 750d. I have the three standard case fans you get with that case model. The 2 front fans are fully controllable in SpeedFan or in BIOS. Whatever i do changes the RPM of them so all good here. Now the rear fan always spins with 1500 RPM. I cant do anything to stop it. That was the thing when i stopped caring at some point. Now i had my Computer in that " power saving mode". After coming back and booting it up again the rear fan was now silent and ran with 600 RPM. After shutting down the computer and starting it up again the next day it was running on 1500 RPM again. If you put it back into power saving and booting up again it will run on 600 again and so on.

So now my question is why does it do that? I have literally no explanation for it.

Just from the cable management i assume that the 2 front fans are on cha_fan2 and 3 and the rear on is on cha_fan1. Any ideas?
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 11:09am
Is the rear fan connected to motherboard fan header ? If so is it a 3 pin or four pin fan connection and which header is it connected too ?

edit: typo

Edited by badbri - 23 Apr 2018 at 11:31am
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296
noryxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noryxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 8:14pm
Yes it is. It is a 3pin connected  to Cha_Fan1 if that is the header. the other 2 are connected to cha_fan 2 and 3
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic