ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do you delete profile from BIOS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you delete profile from BIOS
    Posted: 11 May 2018 at 1:28am
its hard reading for sure

right so it automatically sets a profile, or............

you can clear cmos and reset defaults and it will stay that way unless you alter anything in bios ?

if so great easy peasey

you have an issue with the bios and i suggest you reset defaults and go directly to a nice new bios flash ,even if the same file version (but a fresh download)
problem solved new bios will clear all profiles, and whatever is mucking up in the bios flash will be fixed in a reflash
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
MatrixStarGaming View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MatrixStarGaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 10:00pm
Taking the battery out to CMoS Reset, does not reset the profiles, a CMoS reset will not remove the profiles saved in the BIOS, it just resorts the 'Current' profile to default settings as per Ryzen 1600x base specifications 3.7ghz over 6 cores.

Unfortunately, upon booting into Windows 10, following the CMoS refresh it allows me to use all 6 cores using  'Current' setting that is not a save profile its just the standard base setting set in the BIOS.

Ryzen Master registers the 'Current' setting with all 6 cores running at base settings but continues to pick up the profiles saved in the BIOS. In Ryzen master I can see the 'Current' setting and the two saved profiles under profiles '1 & 2', both profile 1 7 2 only run on 3/6 cores within the CPU when I look at them in Ryzen Master. 

The problem comes from the BIOS, When I save a profile in the BIOS, I.E. OC the CPU and then save it to a Profile, it stops using 3/6 cores on my CPU, it keeps the OC but only on 3/6 cores. This is a major issue because I want to save profiles and use them but I want to use all of the 6/6 cores O'Clocked. 

When I boot into the BIOS, I can not delete or edit any of the settings and then boot back into Windows running on all cores, when I boot into Ryzen Master 3/6 cores are deactivated.  

I need to know how to reset defaults in profiles/delete profiles/remove 3 core limitation, created in the BIOS so that I can alter my Ryzen Mater settings i.e. on all 6/6 cores across all profiles.

Furthermore, I had to run a CMoS reset just to get my current stock settings to run under 'Current' profile until I know how to remove profiles in the BIOS.

Hope this makes sense. :-)
donalgodon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote donalgodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 6:54am
Can you clear CMoS on your board via jumper and/or  removing the battery?
MatrixStarGaming View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MatrixStarGaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 6:49am
I cant figure out how to delete a profile I have saved in my bios. Profile saved under OC Tweaker on a x370 fatality mobo with update 4.60. I am.trying to reset it because CMoS wont change the saved profioe and if I run the saved profile it only runs 3/6 cores on my CPU. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic