ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RMA on AB350 pro4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damien440 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RMA on AB350 pro4
    Posted: 28 May 2018 at 11:55pm
Hello asrockers, have been following this forum since 15min ago. :)

Have a dead board that will go through RMA soon since it died on sunday 27th, aka yesterday.

I have used it for a month and half, bought it on newegg, and should i have listened to myself, bought the board without the guarantee that newegg offers for cheap.

So now i have to go through RMA with asrock's main RMA process.

I will tell how it goes since it's the first time i'll do it, directly with the manufacturer.

Inb4 a bit of what i did to diagnose and to avoid further questions.

I have received it last month and hadn't planned on having a lemon so soon, been using it with  an R5 2400G, 16gb of adata XPG ram 2666mhz.

So a friend of mine and i tried to see if it was the PSU's fault, it worked fine.
I removed the CPU and put it back, nothing happened.
Nothing runs, not even the fans start spining.
After that, tried breadboarding and nothing happens either.

I have been on this board for nearly 2 months now and the only 2 things i did was improving timings on the ram, downclocking the cpu because it overheated a lot since i live in a heaty part of the world (30°c is an average temp around here) and the stock cooler worked great for what it was supposed to do.

What i noticed 2 days before the board died is that the setup was still running and the power button light was still on even after the pc was supposed to be shut down.
So i had to put it out myself by having a long pressing on the power button for it to stop.

ps: If you ever buy something electronic on newegg, take the small 3 year plan with it, at least you won't have to wait for a month or more for your component to come back to you and will benefit from newer components if they can't provide an original replacement part.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic