ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Customize Audio Ports - X370 Killer SLI/ac

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krj7709 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Customize Audio Ports - X370 Killer SLI/ac
    Posted: 19 Jun 2018 at 3:36pm
This isn't an X370 Killer SLI/ac specific question but this is as good a place to start my venture after failing to find what I want to do via Google searches.

I use a LG soundbar on my Machine when I'm not using a headset. I have 2 of these exact same sound bars and would like to use them both. Yes, I know I can already but I want to use them a little differently. I want to mount my bars vertically on both sides of my 3 monitor setup. One bar would be the left channel and one bar would be the right channel. So that leads me to my question...

Is there a way for me to customize the audio ports. We'll use the BLACK and GREEN ports. The BLACK will be the LEFT channel and the GREEN the right.

Any ideas? 

X370 Killer SLI/ac - Ryzen 7 1700 - Corsair Veng. LPX 2666 (2x8) - 4x 120GB SSD AMD RAID0
VUMeter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VUMeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 9:08pm
Not to my knowledge.
It's Realtek audio device that allows port re-mapping.  Typically they will just switch the different jacks behaviour for one or other, not a custom channel mapping.

I suppose, depending on what software you were using, you could try to employ all surround channels and use software to map what you want where you want.  This would be complicated though, and would likely require using a DAW or other multi-channel aware program that allows routing.  You'd also likely need to use ASIO4ALL or WASAPI as there isn't an ASIO driver for the Realtek audio device.

Sounds like a lot of effort in my opinion, and you maybe better suited to using an external audio interface if you want to plug both in simultaneously.
Alternatively you'd probably need to make the appropriate cable splitter, which would be a 3.5mm TRS plug to a pair of 3.5mm TRS sockets, but one will have a floating left, the other a floating right, and both would share a common ground.
X370 TaiChi | 1700X P3.10 stock clocks | (2x 16GB) 32GB FlareX 2400MHz.
krj7709 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krj7709 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 6:11pm
There is software that I can do this with... but in prior experiences never worked well. devices got out of sync but I havent tried it on this ryzen build but I will see how it works out... 

I was just hoping there was a driver / reg hack to do it to eliminate the extra software. If worse comes to worse I can just by an adapter that does it also..

Edited by krj7709 - 29 Jun 2018 at 6:12pm
X370 Killer SLI/ac - Ryzen 7 1700 - Corsair Veng. LPX 2666 (2x8) - 4x 120GB SSD AMD RAID0
kerberos_20 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 10:17pm
what soundbar you have? as maybe it would be easier to go with some cables rather than with software

something like this stereo to dual mono way

Edited by kerberos_20 - 29 Jun 2018 at 10:20pm
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/14185108
krj7709 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krj7709 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 7:09am
I got it to work like I want. Trial and error... I stumbled upon Equalizer APO 1.2 and it is pretty nice. More details when time allows.
VUMeter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VUMeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 4:33pm
Good on you for coming back and letting us know you found a solution.

I didn't think EQ APO had this kind of mapping ability.  I use it with a cheap USB headset to sort out the ridiculously bloated low end and to tidy up the mic sound, as well as boost the bejeebers out of the mic input level.  It does a pretty good job, nice bit of software.

Please do enlighten us as to how you accomplished your fix with EQ APO, I am intrigued.  All when time permits of course, no rush.
X370 TaiChi | 1700X P3.10 stock clocks | (2x 16GB) 32GB FlareX 2400MHz.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic