ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Asrock X470 Master SLI + PolyChromeRGB not working
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock X470 Master SLI + PolyChromeRGB not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisalddin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock X470 Master SLI + PolyChromeRGB not working
    Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 10:29pm
ok so i have
Motherboard = "Asrock X470 Master SLI" (note not the SLI/AC)
Ram = "G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory"
Old GFX card before today = "ASUS HD 7770 2gb 1GHz"
New GFX card From Today = "Palit - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Super JetStream"

now to "PolyChromeRGB" with my Old GFX card again that is the "Asus 7770HD 2GB 1GHz" the PolyChromeRGB program sort of worked!. about 80% of the time. i could change the RGB on the motherboard and even the Ram and motherboard to sinkup, but the ram would drop out of sink as soon as you exit the program, there was also a 20% odds that the motherboard RGB would also reset to red or a mode i did not set on closeing the program.
now as soon as i pluged in my new GFX Card."Palit - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Super JetStream" (it dose have RGB to) PolyChromeRGB has a 90% Crash on load. and 99% crash as you try to change something. and a 100% crash if you try to close it.

IN English "IT DONT WORK!"
100% i can not get it to do anything. maybe if i opend the program a 100 more times. i may get to set the color on the motherboard RGB but at this point i am sick of trying...........

and it did this as soon as the system booted for the 1st time with the new card. no drivers or program change just all i did was swapped the GFX cards.

any ideas would be nice. some one from Asrock saying there working on fixing PolyChromeRGB would be better. a working PolyChromeRGB would be grate.....

kind of wish i got a non Asrock board now. this is my 1st Asrock and right now it may well be my Last....... Unhappy Thumbs Down

Edited by Chrisalddin - 17 Jul 2018 at 10:38pm
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 11:07am
no problems here 

addition to that i'm using rgb addressable and non addressable 

is polychrome the only software that can control RGB in your system?

Chrisalddin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisalddin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 7:36pm
well this is just going to add to the fun of trying to work out whats going on.....

so i pulled out an old HDD and did a fresh install of windows 10 on it.
then i installed PolyChromeRGB and it worked for 1 minute and 30 seconds. before it crashed.
in that time the only thing i got to do was change the RGB on my G.Skill Trident Z RGB Ram.
then when i tryed to reopen the program i noted that it crashed out of Task Manager just after it retook control of the RGB on the G.Skill Ram. (i noted this after i had tryed to open the program about 18 times.)
so i said to my self "Ah what if PolyChromeRGB is having a hard time with the Ram RGB and what if i turn off the RGB on that ram."
so after rebooting back to my main windows 10 install. (did not see any point in downloading the G.Skill RGB Program to the test windows 10 install. if it was going to work may as well try it on my main install.)
i opend up the RGB program for my G.Skill Trident Z RGB. and set all RGB in it to OFF.
then i opend PolyChromeRGB.
Boom it worked. well for a % of worked.... it did not crash out...
i can not get to change the rgb on the board without jumping through some hoops.
so here is whats going on. when i try to set the Motherboard Main Chip RGB (the only RGB the board itself has.) it will not change untill i have click on "Apply All". then the RGB will take.
it also no longer crashs on exit.
it way way better then it was (aka not working one little bit.)
But i would not call it bug free.
it will nolonger change the RGB on the Ram but i got the G.Skill program for that.

to sum up. i can get it to work. but i can say that i am 100% convinced that it is not working as the Programmer had intended it to. Clap

it has to be a hardware conflict of some type. one that was amplified by the new GFX card. as even befor i had install the new GFX card it was not running as well as it does with G.Skill Ram RGB set to off.
i can also no longer use PolyChromeRGB to sync the Ram and motherboard RGB. but seeing as the only setting for that was "On", "Very Slow Flash" and "Very Slow Rainbow." that not a big loss.
and i only got that to work 3 times. before i had install the new GFX card. out of around 15 trys to make it work.

so i happy i got it to work again. but the PolyChromeRGB program needs a lot of work.
god knows how i going to set up the RGB on the "Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R RGB 240mm All-in-One CPU Liquid Cooler" when i get it.... i dont think i dear use PolyChromeRGB for the job. i hope the Cooler MasterRGB program can do the job with out haveing to use PolyChromeRGB. 
Chrisalddin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisalddin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2018 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by gizmic gizmic wrote:

no problems here 

addition to that i'm using rgb addressable and non addressable 

is polychrome the only software that can control RGB in your system?

well as you have X470 Taichi Ultimate. and your ok. i can say it is not the PolyChromeRGB progam by it self that doing it. my guess is that it also to do with the motherboard.
see my last post to see my workaround. and what i think going on.
i am happy for you that you have a fully working system...
and your post only makes me wish i got some other Motherboard....
but thanks for replying. Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic