ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - CPU Temperature Sensor problem on ASRock x470 Fata
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CPU Temperature Sensor problem on ASRock x470 Fata

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fnordie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CPU Temperature Sensor problem on ASRock x470 Fata
    Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 2:40pm
Hello!

Here are my components 

• AMD 2600X boxed cooler

• Ripjaws 3200 16GB *ASRock x470 Gaming k4

• Seasonic Focus 550W

• 1050ti

• SSD

Describe your problem. List any error messages and symptoms. Be descriptive.

I was wondering why my fan curves did not work. even under heavy load the cpu RPM would not go up.

then i set the fans to be controlled by TCtl temperature and not "CPU Temp" everything working as intended. i can setup the debug LED to display Temps TCtl seems to work, i also see same temp in HWInfo64 and asrock f-stream tool. (f stream tool seems to display the TCtl for me = as HWInfo64)

HWInfo 64 on the other hand lists, under the category motherboard, "CPU(PECI)" and its "stuck" at 40 degree c. when i set the debug led to display the "CPU Temp" it changes number 33 and 66 rapidly on boot and when its booted it displays 33. not changing when running cinebench multiple times a row. i think the sensor has a problem?

The boxed cooler was hard to mount, too much pressure? i might try reseating the heatsink?

List anything you've done in attempt to diagnose or fix the problem.

i did a cmos reset yesterday, fixed my ram but not the fans

Post relevant photos of build/parts here.

https://i.imgur.com/OvkOWDC.png

Provide any additional details you wish below.

Do you think the CPU Temp sensor (i think sensor in/under the socket) is broken? What do you think about my temps? i run cinebench 2-3 before the screenshot. and how about the score?

edit: i also send this to asrock tech support if anyone is interested.

tldr; CPU Temp sensor on motherboard seems to be stuck. fixable or hardware fail?

fnordie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fnordie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 4:07pm
VUMeter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VUMeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2018 at 3:34am
On the X370 TaiChi there are 2 temp sensor controllers for CPU fan speed.

Tctrl = the actual on-CPU die temperature sensor reported by the CPU - the CPU temperature.

The other sensor is one on the motherboard in the socket somewhere.  This normally takes a little while longer to get up to temperature when the CPU is under load.  It also takes longer for this one to cool down.
The default was to use this one, so fans don't keep changing speed so often.  However, I prefer to try and get rid of heat when it's on the CPU die, and switched it around.  I have the custom fan speed / temp plot setup nicely (with +20簞C offset) which seems to do exactly what I want.

HWinfo may not be reporting correctly.
Have you tried CPU-Z, as that is another known good program.

It does kinda sound like something is messed up somewhere though. :(
X370 TaiChi | 1700X P3.10 stock clocks | (2x 16GB) 32GB FlareX 2400MHz.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic