ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extreme4 z370 driver problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deralx9000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extreme4 z370 driver problem
    Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 3:30am
Hi,

i just upgraded from sandy bridge 2600k old ram and motherboard to the Extreme4 z370 8600k + new ram.

After the upgrade and using my old windows installation i run in several driver update problems:

1. LAN driver fixed via selecting manual the driver from the mainboard package cd (via cd intel programm and window hardware install was it not possible)
2. network controller
3. nvidia driver updates - currently running since 20 minutes
4. systemsteuererung - looking for new hardware also never finishes
those mentioned driver updates got stuck and did not proceed at some point

how to fix this?

I noticed UEFI boot is not present as you can see here (but i have when i boot the grafical interface for the bios)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LO0X2Wm5-qvmGNuDUlYVvBlpn2iw4-7m/view?usp=sharing
hot to fix or no problem?

EDIT1:
Just noticed onboard soundcard &graphic card is not installed and also under windows hardware overview not as missing shown

EDIT 2
Updated to the last bios version did not fix the problem  running now 3.1 (usb install via bios worked and via asrock app store the update did not worked)

EDIT 3
INTEL INF Driver installation also not finishes

EDIT 4
Noticed when i shutdown the computer the monitors goes of but the fans keeps turning.
For full shutdown I need to turn of the power supply
Also when I turn on the power supply already mainboard lights are on e.g. next to the CPU is a pulsing light.

Here you can see my Hardware setup (CPU, Mainboard , RAM is not up to date see above)
https://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/dalex00/saved/D8L4D3

Edited by deralx9000 - 28 Aug 2018 at 2:16pm
RLGL View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 5:31am
Are you using an older OS?
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

deralx9000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deralx9000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 2:12pm
No using WIN 10 which was upgraded from Win7
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 3:48pm
Sadly this often happens when you try and migrate an OS drive from one system to another. You will need a fresh OS install to sort it all out.

It is particularly bad migrating within the same family; intel -> intel or AMD -> AMD. When you migrate cross families it generally gives less issues because the drivers needed are completely different.

The issue is that the old hardware and new hardware use very similar drivers, this causes confusion in the OS where it keeps seeing "2600k" and "z/h/b6X or z/h/b7X" chipset and thinking that it's trying to update drivers for that. Driver cleaning software is great for graphics cards but for system drivers there really isn't anything reliable to use.

Good luck Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deralx9000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 4:40pm
Thanks for the fast reply and tip! I will try it...

Any tipps how to back-up or transfer my user profile with save games and programme setting to the new os?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deralx9000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 2:08am
Hi installed the OS new following problems left unresolved:

1. onboard audio - also driver from asrock HP not fixing can install but soundcard not shown and realtek SW also not available
2. onboard graphic card

BTW:
Again; LAN driver fixed via selecting manual the driver from the mainboard package cd (via cd intel programm and window hardware install was it not possible)

Edited by deralx9000 - 29 Aug 2018 at 3:29am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 4:54am
Always download and install the latest drivers from your product page (ASRock.com) 

Also, clear CMOS, if there is anything amiss in your BIOS settings that should resolve it. Post back if the sound is still not working. The rest of your issues should be resolved with the correct drivers.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deralx9000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2018 at 2:57pm
In general I try always the latest drivers from your support mainboard page.

I removed the PCI graphic card and Xonar DS sound card then onboard graphic card and sound card where installed and recognized.

After adding those back the onboard soundcard is not shown / usable any longer and only the Xonar DS sound card. But I need both sound card in parallel like I use to have on my old Asus mainboard.
How to fix this?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 12:02am
Check under "Advanced" -> "Chipset Configuration" in your UEFI and make sure "Onboard HD Audio" is set to enabled Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deralx9000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 12:48am
Great works! Before it was set to auto what lead only xonar soundcard was shown

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic