ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac. Help, new or not?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac. Help, new or not?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaos45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac. Help, new or not?
    Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 5:43pm
Hello, I bought a motherboard Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac AMD RYZEN DESKTOP 2000 READY. But:

1. In one place (one of the legs of the Sata1 port) there is a soldering point is not factory (not cloudy like everything, but shiny and different forms more convex) and the port is melted in that place.

2. On the gray sticker was written version of the BIOS P3.10, and when turned on my PC, the Bios version is 4.40 out from the box. and still, itself a gray sticker from one edge peels off itself, a feeling that it could be removed. Then why there is written P3.10?

Serial number of the motherboard = serial number of the box
I think this is second-hand, help me to understand whether this is so, the motherboard itself works. The store says that everything is OK, but I do not trust them, thanks

Edited by chaos45 - 14 Sep 2018 at 5:47pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 6:04pm
It looks like it could be a return that was checked and resold, probably by the retailer. 

If it works properly and is stable it shouldn't matter, you should still have the retail warranty. If anything goes wrong later you can return it. If you feel in any way uncomfortable with it, return/exchange it. There is nothing worse than feeling like you have a ticking time bomb in your system. That said, the solder point is just a ground contact, it shouldn't cause any issues. In the end, it always comes down to your own peace of mind.  
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 7:07pm
as for bios

this is normal
it would have been made and shiped from factory with bios 3.1
when ryzen 2xxx was launched anything in the chain of supply was flashed with the later bios for retail

this could have been asrock warehouse/wholeseller in your country e.g. asrock usa etc etc
they then were supposed to stick the sticker on the box

IF it were an end user id expect it to have maybe a later bios version than 4.40

r7 1700 powercolor reddevil vega64 gskill tridentz3866 taichi x370 evga 750watt gold
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic