ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Running HyperX Predator at 3200MHz on B450 Pro4
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Running HyperX Predator at 3200MHz on B450 Pro4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenson87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 4:17am
Well, my problem is that I don't know which of the components (RAM, CPU or board) is the culprit here which is why I would greatly appreciate any hints on how to tell where to start the process.

I already submitted a ticket to ASRock and will the check the CPU for broken/bent pins tomorrow.
Reinvented View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinvented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 7:27am
We can't tell you either.  You have to test them.  Or just RMA them. 
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 7:31am
Oh, my. Me and my reading... Tongue

Well, sticks being able to run 3200 solo is a good indication that RAM is probably OK.

PC not being able to POST with high mem clocks means that memory can't be 'trained'. Why? IDK yet.

For starters, memtest the sh*t out of each RAM stick alone, when running at 3200. Throw in a bunch of other benchmarks too. If both sticks pass with flying colors then the issue is elsewhere.

Bent CPU pins would manifest in many other ways.

Better see if you can borrow another CPU from a friend or something.

P.S. always clear CMOS before each reconfig. Touch only XMP & fans in BIOS. Leave the rest alone for now.
jenson87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenson87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 6:07pm
Hey xhue, thanks for the input!

Yeah, it might be a good idea to thoroughly test the modules. So far I just made sure they were able to boot into windows because in dual use above 2400MHz it always failed right away.

The reason I'm being a little sceptical about the CPU is that it was the only component I bought in used condition. I visually checked the CPU and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary thoughs.

I'm still no sure how to check if the board (specifically the RAM slots) is the problem though. For using just one module im supposed to use the A2 slot and for dual use A2/B2. Should I be able to boot with one kit on B2 with an 3200MHz XMP profile? What about the A1/B1 slots?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic