ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac not powering on

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac not powering on
    Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 1:47am
I first configured it to test it with just the GPU card (GTX-1070), which was powered from the GPU connector, and the two motherboard power connectors + power switch. Memory was also installed. CPU is Ryzen 1700. The CPU fan is/was also plugged in (of course).

When I first powered it on, it came on for a few seconds (the CPU fan was running), and then it powered off. I haven't been able to get it to do anything since.

I now have no memory or GPU installed. I've tried resetting CMOS and pulling the CMOS battery. Neither had any effect. I've also tested it on two different cases and power supplies.

It appears to be completely dead now. Any suggestions?
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 3:23am
Check if your mobo is not shorting out some lead. Try pulling it out the case and try booting it up bare-bone.

Check if PSU is OK too. If this doesn't help, RMA the mobo.
faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 6:07am
Thanks for the reply. It ended up re-seating the CPU and it's working well now.

The only problem now is one of my fans is not working, but that's not a problem with the motherboard.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 3:52pm
Excellent news!

How come CPU was notcseated well? It is just a simple drop down. It either fits or not. IDK if locking bar can be engaged if CPU is not seated well?.
faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2018 at 10:52pm
There was a bit too much thermal compound on the previous installation, so I cleaned it very well this time and verified it was clean under a microscope. I also noticed one pin was bent a bit.

Maybe there was a little thermal compound on the pins, or maybe the bent pin was causing the problem. I don't know for sure.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic