ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fatal1ty x370 gaming x wild shutdown and no boot
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty x370 gaming x wild shutdown and no boot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty x370 gaming x wild shutdown and no boot
    Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 8:10pm
Hello,

While playing my favorite video game, my pc suddenly shutdown out of the blue.

Since then it won?™t boot anymore. The motherboard (fatal1ty x370 gaming x) doesn?™t show anything on the hex seven segment display. All it does is a green light at the start on the rgb block, then «?breathing?» with red.

I?™m guessing the psu is messed up and «?burned?» my motherboard, since I changed it less than a year ago, because it was broken and it was only 2 years old.

I currently don?™t have any other working psu or motherboard to do some testing ... all I got is the info I just gave you guys above... I?™m sorry.

So I guess I need to get a new motherboard and if it works, then change this psu who seems very guilty to me. What do you guys think ?

Thanks in advance for any help provided,

Cheers !
Coco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 10:02pm
Update : I tried clear cmos and tried to plug a friends psu instead of mine but nothing changed.
Coco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2018 at 10:25pm
Update :

After removing the cpu cooler, I saw this :

So I guess it is the motherboard not working but my question is now why ? Does it come from psu ?

Edited by Xaltar - 05 Nov 2018 at 3:40am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 3:45am
I don't know if I am blind, its not a good pic or I am missing something but I don't see any problems in your pic.

I see some thermal paste that must have fallen off the cooler when you removed it and a bit of dust buildup. 

I am not saying the board isn't dead, just that your pic shows nothing out of the ordinary. The power supply could easily damage the board. We know it's getting power or the LEDs would not be blinking. 

You can try disconnecting the PSU from the board, remove the CMOS battery and then press the power switch for 10 seconds to fully discharge the capacitors on the board. After doing this leave the system in this state for an hour or more and try reconnecting everything and powering on again. Make sure all your power connections are properly connected when you reconnect the PSU. 

If that doesn't work you will either have to return or replace the board (if it is out of warranty then sadly the only option is to replace it). I would also replace your PSU while you are at it, just to be on the safe side if it is the cause of the failure. 

Good luck Wink
Coco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 5:28pm
Thanks a lot for your reply. Indeed the picture I uploaded doesn?™t give a good render, I?™m sorry. But there is actually a burn mark around the spot where you can see some thermal paste. The motherboard is a bit disformed and a little bit brown.

I will try the procedure you gave me and let you know what happens.

Thanks again for your support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic