ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Power!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote putzrox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Power!
    Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 9:07am
I purchased a DeskMini 110 and put all of the needed parts in today but when I push the power button, nothing happens except the CPU fan spins for a few seconds.  It's clearly getting power but won't boot at all.  I connected the unit to my monitor with an HDMI and nothing ever comes up.

Here are the specs:
CPU: Intel Core i3-8100 
Memory: Timetec Hynix IC 16GB Kit (2x8GB) DDR4 2133MHz
HDD: Intel Optane M.2 16 GB PCIe NVMe 2280 + 1 TB HDD

I also installed the provided wifi kit.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 2:55pm
Double check everything is connected correctly internally. Generally when a system powers on then back off shortly thereafter it is caused by safeguards built into the system. Given the system uses SODIMMs I would start there, it is very easy to incorrectly insert the RAM with that form factor. Pull the RAM and reinstall it ensuring it is fully pressed into the slot, often times it seems like it is but is actually not all the way in.

I would also try with a few different display cables, the D-Sub connector always works and provides signal if the system is producing one, HDMI can be picky about cable/display generation.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 4:19pm
Dear Putzrox,

Thank you for posting your query on ASRock forum.

Regarding your situation where the system cannot boot.

Please try the steps below:
1. Please install only one memory module to different slots and try to see if it will boot.
2. Please clean the gold finger of the memory modules and install only one memory module with two hands and try.
3. If it still will wont work, please remove all of the devices from the motherboard only leave the CPU, CPU fan and one memory module and try to see if it will work.

Hopefully the steps above could help you know what is causing this.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic