ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

windows 7 x64 full guide?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwane3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: windows 7 x64 full guide?
    Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 12:12pm
Hi,please add full guide for installation windows 7 x64 ultimate on the N3000 (with pictures)?What the settings setup in the bios and etc..
Rabiddog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabiddog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by dwane3 dwane3 wrote:

Hi,please add full guide for installation windows 7 x64 ultimate on the N3000 (with pictures)?What the settings setup in the bios and etc..

N3000 tires?
n3000 network switch?
W7 drop in disk let it spin.
dwane3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwane3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 12:44am
Install from usb flash..
MrValentin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrValentin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 11:11pm
Their guide is here http://www.asrock.com/microsite/Win7Install/
I recommend using the "Win 7 USB Patcher": http://www.asrock.com/microsite/Win7Install/dl.asp
if you need to enter BIOS to change the boot priority , press F2 when the pc starts up ;)

Edited by MrValentin - 16 Oct 2015 at 12:23am
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 2:54pm
Default BIOS settings will be fine for almost everyone. We don't know if you'll be using an external optical drive or not.

Microsoft supplies a tool for creating a bootable USB flash drive if you need help with that.

The version of Windows makes no difference.
dwane3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwane3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 1:02pm
So,full working guide:1.With rufus mounting windows7.iso 2.On mounting usb 3.0 stick create folder with name $WinPEDriver$ 3.On the new folder create new folder with name usb3,then copying downloading usb3.0 drivers from HCSwitch/x64 and Win7/x64. 4.Thats all! This drivers will be automatically installed..
very_old_noob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote very_old_noob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 4:34am
I've tried the patcher with no success.  The windows installation (almost) completes up the entering a computer name but at that point the mouse and keyboard don't work.
I found a (complicated) procedure in the manual section 4.3 and I have questions about the procedure.
1. Will it work on my Win7 Pro 32 bit machine?
2. Since the procedure creates a disk, do I have to obtain an ODD to connect to Beebox or can I creat a bootable USB using the procedure?

wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 11:14am
From one old noob to another(never too old to learn!), what motherboard is it you have there your trying this on?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2015 at 6:54pm
@ very_old_noob

1. Yes

2. No, the preferred is to create it onto/using a USB stick.

And ignore my previous to yours. It was early and I missed this is a BeeBox thread. Sorry there.
MrValentin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrValentin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2015 at 4:48am
With the "patcher" you can choose to create a bootable USB. That should also include the fix for the keyboard/mouse problem. Remember to use win7.iso file or CD as the source. with this it shouldn't be necessary to do the procedure from the manual.

Edited by MrValentin - 22 Dec 2015 at 4:48am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic