ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X99e-itx/ac, 32GB Modules, Max Memory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Sqrfrk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sqrfrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X99e-itx/ac, 32GB Modules, Max Memory
    Posted: 08 May 2015 at 5:02am
Samsung's 32GB DDR4 ECC (M393A4K40BB0-CPB, NOT LRDIMM) module is finally trickling into the market, and the prices I've seen are actually quite reasonable. Will these work on the X99e-itx/ac? The maximum system memory for the board is listed at 32GB - is this because the BIOS specifically caps support for a maximum of 16GB per DIMM slot or because 16GB modules were the largest in the market at the time the specifications were written? That is:

- Will the board POST if I install one 32GB module? Will the board detect 32GB of RAM?
- Is there a possibility that I can have 64GB of ram using two of the aforementioned modules, despite the listed max RAM on the specifications page?

To give a little context, the Memory QVL list for X99e-itx/ac is woefully incomplete (no 16GB modules are even listed despite some of Samsung's offerings being listed on other ASRock X99 board's list). I do know (and have tested) a 16GB Micron module is working fine on my board, so this leads me to believe that many modules out there have not had the opportunity to be tested and may in fact work just fine.

Edited by Sqrfrk - 08 May 2015 at 5:05am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic