ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

RGB Utility issues and workaround

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
H0PE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H0PE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RGB Utility issues and workaround
    Posted: 21 Dec 2023 at 4:58am
To quote myself from another topic:

Hi guys, UPDATE:

I've contacted support and they gave me a much newer version and this one includes the ICUE SDK, so you can actually let ICUE control strictly the Corsair RGB for devices, rather than Polychrome RGB trying (and failing) to control the RAM RGB.

This link provided by ASRock support to me via email:

https://download.asrock.com/TSD/Desktop/Eddie/AsrPolychromeRGBSetup(v2.0.164).exe
H0PE
H0PE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H0PE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2023 at 3:59am
Seems like every time a new synapse update occurs, my polychrome rgb just sh*t itself, pardon my French:
-It freezes again. Had to turn off to autostart or my windows just completely freezes.
-It loosing control to my RGB 1 lost, and unable to control it (Lian Li case, with RGB stripe on the front, was working fine prior today's synapse update)
-And more importantly it freezes I assume, because it tries to fight for RGB control for my Corsair RGB ram, and it looses. ICUE sais error when I try to check the RGB and all statistical settings for the RGB ram, that usually controls just fine.

And since last two comments I made, none of the admins or asrock technicians did care to comment, even though this is kind of a breaking deal that my windows constantly freezes and after a while I will have to reinstall the damaged windows install for sure.
H0PE
H0PE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H0PE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 4:19pm
Aaaand I just receive synapse 3 update and argb crashing on startup of the pc. This is a joke really. Restart, and have to click uninstall argb faster than it loads in in order not to freeze my pc right now. Just great experience starting with asrock motherboard after like 20 years :(
H0PE
H0PE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H0PE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 3:20am
ahh yes, event viewer error:

Faulting application name: AsrPolychromeRGB.exe, version: 2.0.157.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000101
Faulting process id: 0x0x186C
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA1BE5233036A6
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASRock Utility\ASRRGBLED\Bin\AsrPolychromeRGB.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 4f7083c5-e256-496a-85b1-d6b803ece648
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
H0PE
H0PE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H0PE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2023 at 3:17am
latest update for synapse broke poly rgb for me :(

Was working fine, and synching with razer synapse. But not anymore.

I had a full update for some reason on the razer synapse modules. Then after now poly won't stay open on startup and even if I start manually it doesn't stick anymore.

Ohh btw it was working for me even with the error message saying synapse isn't running, but it was in fact working fine and changing colors and whatnot how I programmed via razer synapse.
H0PE
OWWO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OWWO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2023 at 1:20am
I found a solution

1. Take your Asrock MOBO out from the case
2. tak e a hammer
3. hit it many times
4. forget ASROCK, buy more reliable products from ASUS, Gigabyte etc.
Akasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2023 at 1:36am
!SOLUTION! !SOLUTION! !SOLUTION!
When downloading ASRock Polychrome RGB app on asrock.com website, change the field to where you choose OS version (ex: Windows 10, Windows 11) to "BETA AREA". Then will show up other version of this app (as beta), today shows "ASRock Polychrome RGB ver:2.0.136" as beta. The current version is ASRock Polychrome RGB ver:2.0.109.

After uninstalling the previous version, restart PC, and installing this Beta one, works just fine, except that I cant select individually the own components of my Steel Legend b450m. But this was already buggy before any way.

I am suspecting that this problemas is not a "version problem", but a problem in how the "WriteFW.bat & wICPFLASHADSBv2.exe" works on "RESET" the pre-installed firmware. I'm guessing that the action of RESET the firmware is not really doing that WHEN it founds the same version installed in BIOS, and it gives you a lot of other errors because it didn't fix itself. So, uninstall and reinstall that same version didn't really change nor update the installed firmware in bios. This clue came to me when another guy here say that he installs a previous version and it fix it, just like me with a different version, a beta version. If this problem happens again, I will do that, install a different version and try it, if this fix the problem, that means that the developer's team of ASRock should be drinking more coffee at work... that's a newbie's mistake.

I hope that fix the problem to you guys.

Any doubt, you can find me online on twitch.tv/tioakasha (probably I will be talking in portuguese, but just chat in english that I talk to you in english too lol!)

Bye!
Web Developer & Designer | Freelancer as Design Ninja | Streamer at twitch.tv/tioakasha | Bnei Noach

CerysLucero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CerysLucero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 10:08pm
Thanks for sharing.
yashed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yashed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2022 at 1:02pm
my thing doesnt work when i flash it instead it says this Enter ICP mode.
Company ID: 0x000000FF, Device ID: 0x00FF00FF
Enter ICP mode fail.
Mythx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mythx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 8:32pm
Hi. Having issues ram rgb on z690 extreme /w xpg d60g spectrix ram. only 1 ram lights up. a2 lights up but b2 stays off. Changing style doesn't fix. Ram on startup both ram work in rainbow defaulted because there's no ram settings in bios polychrome.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic