ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

RGB Utility issues and workaround

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2019 at 4:41am
It might be worth the bother to uninstall / reinstall the app. In any case I have a new problem, all the settings work after reboot, except the DDR. Seems like the app needs some work...
Kriz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kriz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 7:49am
Hi Forum !

I have an issue with Kingston Hyperx Predator RGB ram modules. Whenever I reboot my PC the setting I have implemented resets to the rainbow vomit effect I hate. Is there a way for the motherboard or ram sticks to remember my pattern of choice ?

Issue would also be solved by an update to Polychrome RGB Utility. If this utility run at startup and reprogram the RGB pattern it would be a non issue but there is no such option and I couldn't find a workaround. Furthermore whenever I run RGB utility in Windows I have to manuly change ram pattern cause the utility doesn't seam to remember my setting. This is frustrating (I know first wold problems). Is there a solution to my issue or maybe helpful guys at ASROck software development could update the utility to solve the issue ?

Thx in advance.
AndyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 6:25am
This thread started back in 2015 with pretty much the same issues. Should I be questioning my purchase of a b450m pro 4. I also have the same RGB issues.
asp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by AndyD AndyD wrote:

This thread started back in 2015 with pretty much the same issues. Should I be questioning my purchase of a b450m pro 4. I also have the same RGB issues.

Tough call. The software seems to be underpinned by Asus code, perhaps Asus RGB function works better? In the olden days you could use Asus software directly on ASRock boards but that appears to have been arrested.

What I can't figure out is, why doesn't the DDR vendor have software for its own RGB function?

In any case, the trouble appears to be related to the software writing to the BIOS. The real problem is that they even promote the feature at all. I think given the state of the poor functioning, RGB DDR function should only be mentioned in tiny text on the last page of the specs, and not the front page of the web site. That just pisses everyone off after they learn it is such a pain in the royal buttocks to use.
AndyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 2:02am
I agree and now they blame the latest addition of windows 1309 I believe for the issues. When the issues existed before the current addition of windows. It needs to be addressed if they continue to push their RGB app for control. It does not work for me period. Asrock b450m pro 4 with RGB ram 16g
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 2:59am
Originally posted by AndyD AndyD wrote:

The thread was posted in December last year, you were looking at the wrong date

As for the issue, it was caused by Microsoft changing security settings that broke the way the program interacts with the UEFI. ASRock isn't blaming anyone, they have been working to fix it and simply gave a reason why it broke. I will check in with my contacts at ASRock again about the issue and see what progress has been made.
AndyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 11:41am
If you go back to the topic it goes back to 2015. Again it has been an issue with RGB and asrocks M/B for quite some time. And they still push their RGB app as if it works when it does not. the rest is semantics. I have spent to much time on the fix and will wait it out a bit longer. If no fix there is always MSI or ASUS.
AndyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 10:27am
Ok so I went through the work around and the same issue no RGB anywhere. No RGB on Ram modules or fans. I did the workaround 3 times and nothing. I went through the UEFI turned on the RGB from there nothing. At my wits end with the RGB.
binnyford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binnyford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 7:40am
I fought for some time with mine. I just got the b450m steel legend and installed the software and worked no problem. installed mobo on different computer with different hard drive and would not work. Gggrrrrrr.... through looking on other hard drive i found it was using version 2.0.1
I copy it and install it on the other computer and still doesnt work. I do the walk around and flash the 3.00 in the 2.0.1 version and BAM! It now works no problem.
jamhougin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamhougin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 1:39am
Any news on this? I can't get any version of this program to work on my x470 taichi. After paying 200+ dollars for a Mb I would expect it to work as intended. I'm currently writing an email cc'ing my entire computer science deparment in college warning them to stay away from asrock products. Very dissapointed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic