ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370 Taichi BIOS update failed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dregoric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z370 Taichi BIOS update failed
    Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 6:15pm
Hi Community!

I was trying to update my z370 Taichi mobo and I got the following message -

Warning! Rom file information does not match system bios!

I have tried updating from Windows and from BIOS using instant flash but I get the same message and BIOS wont update. Tried the search and could not find the solution. Can someone help with that?

P.S. I have downloaded BIOS from official site below z370 Taichi specs
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 10:48pm
Warning updating through Windows can sometimes lead to disaster.
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

Lenster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 4:11am
Originally posted by Dregoric Dregoric wrote:

Hi Community!

I was trying to update my z370 Taichi mobo and I got the following message -

Warning! Rom file information does not match system bios!

I have tried updating from Windows and from BIOS using instant flash but I get the same message and BIOS wont update. Tried the search and could not find the solution. Can someone help with that?

P.S. I have downloaded BIOS from official site below z370 Taichi specs

What is the name of the BIOS file?
Len
Dregoric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dregoric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by Lenster Lenster wrote:

What is the name of the BIOS file?

I was trying to upgrade to version 3.30 from here - https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z370%20Taichi/index.ru.asp#BIOS

I even tried online update through ASRock App shop and I got the same warning message.
There are a number of files when I downloaded BIOS, the one which has exe extension called ASROM.exe. Not sure if that's the name of BIOS
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 12:24am
Z370 Taichi(3.30)ROM.zip   is the file you are trying to find

https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z370%20Taichi/index.asp?cat=Manual is the page containing the files you need
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

Dregoric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dregoric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2018 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by RLGL RLGL wrote:

https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z370%20Taichi/index.asp?cat=Manual is the page containing the files you need

Yep, I have used the file Z370 Taichi(3.30)ROM.zip from the link above and I had the error which I have described in my first post.

Any ASRock representative on this forum?
Lenster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2018 at 2:52am
Originally posted by Dregoric Dregoric wrote:

Originally posted by RLGL RLGL wrote:

Yep, I have used the file Z370 Taichi(3.30)ROM.zip from the link above and I had the error which I have described in my first post.

Any ASRock representative on this forum?

I don't mean to be insulting, but you did unzip it right?
Then copy the unzipped file to a USB drive formatted as FAT32 and then plug in the drive and reboot pressing F6.

https://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp?cat=BIOS8
Len
Dregoric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dregoric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2018 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Lenster Lenster wrote:

I don't mean to be insulting, but you did unzip it right?
Then copy the unzipped file to a USB drive formatted as FAT32 and then plug in the drive and reboot pressing F6.

https://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp?cat=BIOS8

Sure I unzip it and did everything which you described above. It does not work, keeps saying that the size of ROM is different.
Vadim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vadim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 9:14pm
I have the same situation. Warning! Rom file information does not match system bios! The Bios is not updated through windows and instant Flash.
Dregoric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dregoric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2019 at 8:00pm
I have tried everything it just does not work! Ridiculous! This is an official BIOS and it was released for Z370 Taichi and it MUST work without any issues.

I'm really dissatisfied with the support that ASRock provide to their customers. No single response from the customer support on an official forum. This is my first and last product from ASRock.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic