ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370 Taichi BIOS update failed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lightparticle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 3:07am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

OK, so I have reached out to my contacts at ASRock and they have gotten back to me about this issue.

They apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and say that you can go ahead and press "Y" to continue the update. In essence, you can ignore the message. They also assured me that the issue will be resolved in the next update which should be along soon. So if you are uncomfortable ignoring a warning you can just wait for the next update.

In addition, I would also like to address the fact that this forum is not a Tech Support channel, it is a community forum for ASRock users. Yes, it is owned by ASRock and yes, ASRock's Tech Support department do post here quite frequently but they do not read and reply every thread and post. If you are seeking direct support you need to use the ASRock Support page:

https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

These forums exist so users can help each other out and I do my best to help users wherever possible, be it using my own experience or passing things along to my contacts at ASRock. These forums are a valuable resource to allow users to post their experiences with ASRock products and for ASRock to learn what their users want out of their products.

I have got not so much lucky. I filled the form for technical support for the same issue and they don't answer nothing.
PeterG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 11:33am
I had the same problem with my Z370 TiaChi motherboard i.e. "Warning: ROM File does not match system BIOS". I ignored the warning and selected the 'Yes' option, but no luck with upgrading the BIOS.

I found that if I used UEFI at boot time and selected the Utilities > Internet Flash utility, the update proceeded and was successful. For reference there is a video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAx5ifXNjR0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic