ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450M Pro4 Powers On But No Display

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spartyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450M Pro4 Powers On But No Display
    Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 2:02pm
My son just built his first PC (and the last time I built one was about 8 years ago) - we selected components on PCPartsPicker, so we're pretty sure everything is compatible and it seems like everything is connected the way it should be.

We're currently using the on-board graphics and a VGA connection because our current monitor doesn't have an HDMI connection. The VGA cable and monitor work fine with another computer. I also tried connecting the HDMI to a TV but that didn't work either.

The memory sticks are in the slots directed by the motherboard manual (A2 and B2). Additionally, The motherboard speaker doesn't beep when the system powers on. We've tried disconnecting and reconnecting everything as well as placing the jumper cap on the jumper (it's off be default, per the mobo manual).

The case fans light up and spin up, as does the heatsink fan. My son is quite anxious to get this working - any help would be greatly appreciated! Here are the full specs:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
RAM: Ballistix Sport DDR4 2x4GB
Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4
Graphics: on-board
PSU: EVGA 550 80+ Gold
HDD1: Kingston A400 120GB SSD
HDD2: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200RPM
Case: Tesseract DeepCool
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 7:25am
Very odd.

Check the CPU, placement, cabling, tray, pins, etc. Re-apply paste on the cooler.

Check if the mobo isn't shorting out in the case somewhere.

Check RAM modules. DDR4 are nasty for novice builders.

There is also a chance the mobo or the CPU (or both) are DoA.
spartyon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spartyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 1:25pm
Thanks for the reply. I've done all of those things, as well as tested the RAM individually. I'm not sure what else there is to check. If the mobo is bad, would the case fans and heatsink fan still power up or could the mobo be bad regardless of the power that is being routed through it?
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 2:12pm
Friggin thing should have booted by now...

Most likely the mobo is a dud. Sorry!
Darthvr6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darthvr6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 11:14am
Just built a rig today and exactly the same after updating bios and installing the full package driver in windows. No output via HDMI, however dsub works fine. Wanted to get the rig up and running today but had to leave for a business trip. One thing I found via google is try try another monitor as issue is common with Dell monitors. I?™m using an Alienware Ultrawide 34??@ 120Hz. Going to change it to 60 and see if that fixes the issue.

Keep in mind: This is post bios update - I grabbed and installed the latest bios. Problem started as soon as got into windows and started to install the drivers.

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 2200G
Asrock b240m pro4
8GB In a2/b2
Stock bios settings
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic