ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4/Windows 8.1 BIOS+Drivers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4/Windows 8.1 BIOS+Drivers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote migf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4/Windows 8.1 BIOS+Drivers
    Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:03pm
Hello,

I can't seem to find drivers and BIOS updates for Windows 8.1 anymore on the official website. It only lists for Windows 7 and Windows 10.

I haven't touched my mobo/cpu since I got it like a year ago, but I would like to bring it up to date.

Should I use the Windows 10 drivers from the website, despite me having Windows 8.1?

My specs
--------
MoBo: Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4
BIOS: P2.40
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (YD1600BBM6IAE) @3.2MHz
SDRAM: 1x8Gb DDR4 (PC4-24000)/GSkill F4-3000C16-8GISB
Graphics: GIGABYTE GTX 1050 Ti D5 (GV-N105TD5-4GD)4Gb

Thank you in advance!
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 12:52am
No need to use the drivers on ASRock's webpage. You only need to fetch BIOS from there.

Driver updates you should get from Windows updates and the respective websites for nvidia, AMD, Realtek, etc.
migf1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote migf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 3:01am
Originally posted by xhue xhue wrote:

No need to use the drivers on ASRock's webpage. You only need to fetch BIOS from there.

Driver updates you should get from Windows updates and the respective websites for nvidia, AMD, Realtek, etc.

Thank you for the reply!

However,one problem is that my Windows 8.1 have blocked the updates on me. It pops up the infamous Unsupported Hardware screen, trying to force me to go to Windows 10, which I do not want to do.

The other problem is that in the Asrock BIOS update page, for the latest new BIOSes it specifically says I need to install the AMD-ALL-In-One-with-VGA-driver before I attempt anything...

Screen-shot: http://prntscr.com/m754vk

But these drivers do NOT exist for Windows 8.1 It is only listed for Windows 7 and for Windows 10.

Screen-shot: http://prntscr.com/m756tl

So, I am at loss. I do not know what to do, in order to update my system under Windows 8.1 Pro x64.

This is why I opened this account in the forum, to ask for specific instructions.

Please, let me know which files I should safely d/l and install.

Thank you!
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 4:01am
Ay, darn it! I somehow missed this 'little' fact: https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-halts-support-for-windows-8-1-with-consumer-radeon-drivers.html

I doubt you'll easily tweak the Win 10 (or 7) drivers to work under 8.1, if at all. Here are the latest ones for 7 & 10: https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/a320

That's really an aggravating situation you're in. Hope you could make the other drivers work.

I too loved 8.1 but I had to adapt eventually. On a brighter side - you can always update to 10 for free, or go for Linux and run 8.1 in a VM.

Best of luck!
migf1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote migf1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 4:50am
Thank you very much for the reply!

Though it was bad news for me lol

I'm not ready to upgrade to Windows 10, so I guess my best option is to stay with the old drivers and bios till I decide to go to Windows 10:(
jdillipl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdillipl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 5:21am
I have been running Windows 7 on an X370 Killer SLI based computer for over a year, and get the monthly updates from Microsoft regularly. I have been using this:

https://github.com/zeffy/wufuc

Give it a try. I have not seen a down side yet.

Jake
Asrock X370 Killer SLI/ac, Amd Ryzen 7 1700, GSkill FlareX F4-2400C16D-32GFX, RaidMax Thunder V2 735W PS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic