ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

fails running RAM 3Ghz XMP, Taichi Ult + 9900K

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batyrenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fails running RAM 3Ghz XMP, Taichi Ult + 9900K
    Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 1:04pm
I've got a new PC in December 2018 at Cyberpowerpc.com.

Motherboard: ASRock Taichi Ultimate Z390.
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K.
Ram: DDR4 3000Mhz, 16 GB (2 * 8Gb) (Gail Super Luce RGB).

Memory was installed into slots #2 and #4.
It was running perfectly at 3000Mhz, using Motherboard and RAM XMP functions. Everything as designed by Manufacturer.

[url=https://ibb.co/XXLmKj3][/url]

I've got another set of memory: DDR4 3200Mhz 64Gb (4 * 16Gb) (CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro).

[url=https://ibb.co/T8VmDMs][/url]

I really need it for running VMs for my Job!
I installed memory into all 4 memory slots.
As result system crashes and cannot start. It works only at 2133 MHz.

[url=https://ibb.co/QCN0wvC][/url]

I took out new memory to make sure that it's not a memory issue (by the way, I tested new memory 2 times for about 10 hours using memtest86 (v8.1). No any issues).

[url=https://ibb.co/8YvD6Nh][/url]

So, I tried different combinations with original memory which I've got with my new PC.
Finally, I found that once I install memory into slot #3 system is failing and running only at 2133. All other slots, 1,2,4 work perfectly at 3000Mhz.

[url=https://ibb.co/b58q1ms][/url]

I also tried a new memory, it fails once I install it into memory slot #3 and turn XMP profile on.
I bought this set with almost $300 motherboard (on top z390 chipset) and >$530 CPU with index K (i9-9900K) + 3200mhz ram to be able to run my computer at higher speed. But I've got an absolutely unusable system.

Does anyone have such an issue? Is my situation could be considered as broken part (motherboard)?

I am really disappointed
As for me, it's 100% warranty case and I hope so much that it can be replaced.
What is your opinion guys?

Thanks!
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 3:51pm
Get in touch with ASRock Tech support and link them to this post.

https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

They should be able to help you better than we can here on the forums. You have already done most of the troubleshooting we typically recommend here
BullGator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BullGator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 11:32pm
I have the same exact issue with my Asrock Taichi Ultimate Motherboard, Intel i9 9900K processor, and G.SKILL Trident Z DDR4 3400 C16 4x8GB memory.

XMP Profile does not work when all 4 slots are populated, but works perfectly when 2 sticks are used in slots 2 & 4. The memory is perfectly fine as tested in my other system (Asrock Extreme7+).

Furthermore, if I lower the speed to 3200 and manually set the timings it will boot. 3400 speed gives the exact same symptoms you describe (failed to boot messages after several restarts, defaulting to 2133 speed to get into BIOS).

I opened an Asrock Technical Support ticket that thus far has gone nowhere. The last response I got was telling me I need to overclock my processor to get it to work(?!?), which I disagreed with and asked for an escalation to the next level of support. No response from escalation for 2 days since that request

I am having to manually try to set voltages and timings that may get this system to boot normally at my memory's advertised speed of 3400.

Truly disappointing to have spent all this money on Asrock products that do not work with Memory that is listed specifically on their QVL List. If it is listed on the QVL List, then they should have tested it, and if so, should have the required settings needed even if XMP fails to load properly.
Asrock Z390 Taichi Ultimate,Intel i9 9900K, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling
Asus ROG Strix GTX1070 OC 8GB
G.SKILL Trident Z DDR4 F4-3400C16 4x8GB
2 x Samsung 950 Pro 512G M.2 in RAID 0
Asus ROG PG279Q
Jurai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 10:04am
Sorry to necro, but I am now having this exact same issue on a Z390 Taichi (non-ultimate). I picked up an additional 2x16GB of DDR4-3000, booted up, and saw all 4 sticks had dropped down to 2133mhz. Tested same as OP and found that and any stick I put into DDR4_B1 causes the motherboard to panic at boot a few times, eventually getting into bios which shows the ram has underclocked itself down to 2133mhz (same slot as OP). Did anyone ever find a solution to this other than board replacement? Frustrating as I am out of the newegg RMA period at this point and will likely have to wait for ASRock to respond to assist, hopefully it is a known issue at this point.

Cheers
batyrenko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batyrenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 10:23am
Hello Bro!
I found the solution and it took me a while!
Happy to share with you!

Disable 2 options:
- ASRock Timing optimization
- Realtime Memory Timing

Everything works perfect after that!

batyrenko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batyrenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 10:28am
One more suggest: if you are using Windows OS always install INF Drivers for the motherboard. It extremely increases the speed of the system.

Latest INF driver from the oficial site:
- INF driver ver:10.1.17968.8131_Public (2019/5/13)

https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z390%20Taichi%20Ultimate/index.asp#Download
Jurai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 11:43am
Originally posted by batyrenko batyrenko wrote:

Hello Bro!
I found the solution and it took me a while!
Happy to share with you!

Disable 2 options:
- ASRock Timing optimization
- Realtime Memory Timing

Everything works perfect after that!

I tried this earlier but still have the 2133mhz issue if slot 3 as you pictured has a DIMM in it
Jurai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 11:47am
I saw on reddit that you replaced the board at some point, did those changes fix the original slot 3 issue or only fix the timing issue on the replacement board?
batyrenko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote batyrenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 9:44pm
I actually didn't replace it. I ordered ASUS but at the last moment I found those 2 options on my ASRock and it worked for me. I sent back ASUS.
Now I use my ASRock Taichi Ultimate Z390 with all 4 slots, 64 Gb of memory on 3200Ghz (and higher) without any issues. You can see it on the screenshot on the top.

Have you tried to update BIOS? Maybe it could help?
Greeny113 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greeny113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 3:05am
I am having the absolute same issue - running the absolute same system Z390 Taichi Ultimate, with 64GB Ram Trident, and i9900K.

Unfortunately switching off those 2 settings did not help. Have you done anything else? Perhaps updating BIOS, I still have not updated it, somewhat reluctant to do it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic