ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

RAID setup for SATA drives on Phantom Z390

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DFinMOZarks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RAID setup for SATA drives on Phantom Z390
    Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 9:09am
I recently purchased the Z390 Phantom gaming MB and want to set up two 8 TB WD Red SATA drives in my system for RAID01. That's all the space I have in my case or I'd opt for RAID 5.

The directions I found on the Asrock page don't agree with the directions on their driver web page for this MB or with the suggestions on setting up RAID found on YouTube. They all suggest that I can't configure the SATA drives into a RAID array after already installing Windows ...but my OS is installed on M2 --- not on the SATA drives. I only want to set up RAID on the SATA drives for data security.

Sure appreciate some tips.
Thanks.
DougA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2020 at 12:54pm
Did you get an answer to this? I know the post is over a year old, but I find the RAID on this board severely lacking still. When I enable RAID in BIOS I can only boot to the M2.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic