ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASrock b450m pro4 bootloop help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VedoSan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASrock b450m pro4 bootloop help
    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 2:48am
Hi guys,

I recently got all components I ordered for building my first PC.
When I connected everything and pressed the power button, PC turns on and stays that way for about 30 seconds and then reboots. And continues along the same pattern.

Here are the specs:

Processor: Ryzen 5 1600x
Cooler: Hyper 212 turbo LED
Motherboard: ASROCK b450m pro4
PSU: Corsair VS 550
RAM: Crucial CT8G4DFS824A.C8FE (8GB DDR4 2400Mhz UDIMM)
GPU: GTX 1060 3gb gigabyte windforce oc

I know that this RAM is not compatible, but I tried turning it on without the RAM and I got the same issue. Also when I connected the GPU, fans start spinning couple of seconds after initial boot, then stop spinning, and I did not get any display output to the monitor.
So I decided to remove the GPU until I fix the booting problem.
So my question is, if I get compatible RAM sticks, will this solve my problem? Or could the problem be more serious?

Thanks
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 2:55am
First, your Ryzen does not have an integrated GPU. You need a dedicated one.

Second, leave just 1 stick of RAM and clear CMOS. Try booting now.
VedoSan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VedoSan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 2:57am
I understand the first point, although I don't need the visuals in order to fix the boot problem

For clearing the CMOS, I am not exactly sure how to do that, do you have any tips?
VedoSan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VedoSan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 3:44am
I checked the manual and it mentioned to put a jumper over the CMOS pins, but the jumper didn't come with the motherboard.

Anyone know how to reset it without the jumper?
VedoSan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VedoSan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:24am
Update: I reset the CMOS by pulling out the battery. I still get the same issue
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:27am
To clear CMOS:
- unplug the power cord from the wall
- plan A - use a screwdriver (or a coin, or paperclip, etc.) and short the 2 pins as described in the manual; keep it for 10 sec.
- plan B - with the power cord still unplugged, remove the button (coin) battery; press the power ON button on the PC; hold the power button for 10 sec; release and put back the battery;

Your CMOS is now cleared.
VedoSan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VedoSan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 4:41am
Thanks,

I tried what you suggested with and without the RAM inserted. I still get the same bootloop issue.

I will be buying a better RAM soon, I suppose that might be an issue?
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 5:23am
Well RAM is the most likely reason. However, you may want to try and re-seat the CPU and check all cables once more, while waiting on the new RAM.
VedoSan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VedoSan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 6:19am
Yeah, I will try that, also will try with another PSU
VedoSan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VedoSan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2019 at 6:57pm
Thanks guys, it was the RAM after all.
I put 2x hyperx fury 2400Mhz 4GB (HX424C15FB/4) and it booted normally
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic