ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock vs DDR4 Problems, PLS HELP !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koshmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock vs DDR4 Problems, PLS HELP !
    Posted: 02 Mar 2019 at 3:21pm
Salve!

I have some troble [problems] whit my ASRock motherboard if i can put is like this ... and i need help, big time !

I have 16 Gb ddr4, 2x8 Gb. One it is on slot 2 and another on slot 4, it work perffectly at 3000 frequency. [ they are Viper Patriot ddr4 PC4-24000 3000 MHz, dual channel, XMP2.0 ]

Now i buy a pair of 2x8 Gb so i can have 32 Gb ddr4, same as the first one, and i put it on slot 1 and 3, BUT !!! it dosen't work anymore on 3000 MHz frequency, it work at 2133 MHz ... and i don't know what to do .
I change bios to last update, i go to bios, to manual put them on frequency 2996, dosen't work.
I get out all ram's and but it back togheter, nothing !
I make timming 16.18.18.36, nothing!

What in the name of God should i do next !   

Please help me ...
Sorry my English !
I desperate wait for a relpay !
Thx, have a good day !
Koshmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koshmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2019 at 11:32pm
Thx for your time ... i can see no one know's !

Very Helpful !

Good day!
Koshmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koshmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 4:24am
Rly i din't expect that from ASRock forum ... u are glad we buy your's products and when we have a problem, never get a awnser !

Intresting ... BTW now i know why all my freinds have Intels not AMD.

Thx for your support!
PetrolHead View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PetrolHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 5:34pm
This is a community forum, you cannot expect to get a quick answer from ASRock's support, especially if you post your question in the overclocking zone. Leaving a snarky comment after just two days of waiting doesn't exactly encourage other people to help either...

Nevertheless, there are two basic things you should know about RAM:

1. Having four RAM modules stresses the CPU memory controller more than having two. This means that any overclock that has been achieved with two modules may not be achievable with four. (Note: Anything above 2666 MHz is an overclock for the CPU's memory controller)

2. RAM modules from two different kits are not guaranteed to work together _at all_, even if they're the same exact model.

So, you may be just unlucky and the kit you bought is not very compatible with your existing kit. Or maybe you BIOS settings are such that the memory controller is having a hard time with four modules installed. Possibly both.

Things you can try:

1. Try using only the new kit in slots 2 and 4 and see if the work with the XMP settings.
2. Try switching the RAM module pairs around, so the old kit to slots 1 and 3 and the new kit to 2 and 4.
3. Try increasing the RAM speed (with all four modules installed) from 2133 MHz to 2400 MHz. If that works, try 2666 MHz.
4. If you can get 2666 MHz work with all four modules, then your next step probably involves manual setting of Vcore and maybe some other tweaks as well, but this depends on what settings you are running your system at now and what hardware you actually have.
Ryzen 5 1500X, ASRock AB350M Pro4, 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3466CL16, Sapphire Pulse RX Vega56 8G HBM2, Corsair RM550x, Samsung 960 EVO SSD (NVMe) 250GB, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500 GB, Windows 10 64-bit
Koshmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koshmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 2:33am
Motherboard https://www.pcgarage.ro/placi-de-baza/asrock/fatal1ty-x370-gaming-x/

Procesor https://www.evomag.ro/componente-pc-procesoare/amd-procesor-amd-ryzen-5-2600x-3.6-ghz-am4-16mb-95w-box-3615473.html

Ram's http://www.marketonline.ro/memorii/memorie-patriot-ddr4-viper-4-series-16gb-kit-2x8gb-3000mhz-cl16-pMyY1MDAu-l/

First : I apologize for my " thing "

Second : i do all u say in 1-4 point, din't work

1. They work at 3000 MHz if i put only 16 Gb ram
2. Done nothing happend
3. Done manualy, reconize only 2133 MHz
4. i can't do it at 2669
PetrolHead View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PetrolHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 5:17am
Thank you for sharing more information on your system. The memory is listed in the memory QVL (for Pinnacle Ridge) for you motherboard, which is good. However, the same memory QVL states that DIMM socket support for this memory model is 2. This doesn't necessarily mean it's impossible to get 4 modules to work at a higher speed than 2133 MHz, but it does signal that four modules are not guaranteed to work.

I have a few more questions: What RAM voltage does your board use when you activate the XMP profile? Are you running your CPU at stock settings? When you try to use higher speeds than 2133 MHz with 32 GB, does the machine refuse to boot or do you experience some other stability issues?
Ryzen 5 1500X, ASRock AB350M Pro4, 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3466CL16, Sapphire Pulse RX Vega56 8G HBM2, Corsair RM550x, Samsung 960 EVO SSD (NVMe) 250GB, Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500 GB, Windows 10 64-bit
brkkab123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brkkab123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 6:50am
Let me help hear. I have a 4 stick 32GB kit of G.Skill FlareX DDR4 3600 ram. I can't get bbetter than DDR4 .033 speeds with it.
THIS IS A AMD & THEIR MOBO PARTNERS ISSUE THAT HAS NEEDED FIXES SINCE RYZEN'S ORIGINAL RELEASE.
THEY STILL NEED TO GET BETTER AT IT & FAST.
brkkab123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brkkab123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 6:52am
i meant better than DDR4 3266.
Glaucoma causes seeing/mis-typing/mis-spelling issues.
brkkab123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brkkab123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 6:59am
Just like ASRock gave UEFI version 2.30 to reviewers for the X470 Taichi & Taichi Ultimate which supposedly had ram fixes and a few glitches still.
NEY ASRock 2 month's and still no newer UEFI past version 2.00 for us???????????????????????????????
NOT EXACTLY SUPPORT OR CARING FOR YOUR CUSTOMER"S/INCREASING YOUR BUSINESS.
brkkab123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brkkab123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 7:06am
They gave it to reviewers 2 month's ago in January.
Do a YouTube search for it for proof,
If this forum made finding a upload button easier, I'd upload the YouTube video of it that I downloaded on my pc.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic