ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot Disable Dr. Debug [SOLVED]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vlinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannot Disable Dr. Debug [SOLVED]
    Posted: 23 Mar 2019 at 5:49am
I've got a Taichi X370 MoBo with an AMD Ryzen 7 1700 CPU, and just upgraded my BIOS from 4.40 to 5.10. Despite selecting "Disable" for "Onboard Debug Port LED", the Dr. Debug LED just flashes away every time I boot. This occurs with both BIOS versions. Isn't disabling the LED supposed to bypass this system analysis step entirely? It increases boot time considerably.

Edited by Xaltar - 01 Apr 2019 at 4:13pm
Ryzen 7 1700; ASRock Taichi X370; 2x 16GB Corsair 3100Mhz; Samsung 970EVO 500GB; GeForce GTX 1050 Ti; Linux Mint 19.1 (Tessa)
vlinder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vlinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 4:25am
Is there no interest in this question? I'm trying to find out how to bypass Dr Debug's checks after a working build has been accomplished. I realize that some checking is required to ensure that all components are present. Maybe I am just misunderstanding what "disabling the LED" means here. But even if it only means that the LED no longer flashes at boot time, I'm okay with that. Could somebody fill me in here? Has anyone succeeded in disabling Dr Debug? And, if so, what did it consist of?
Ryzen 7 1700; ASRock Taichi X370; 2x 16GB Corsair 3100Mhz; Samsung 970EVO 500GB; GeForce GTX 1050 Ti; Linux Mint 19.1 (Tessa)
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 5:19am
The debug display can be set to always on or disabled but it will always show the POST codes during the POST process. As far as I am aware that is normal behavior. It only shows codes for a few moments during POST anyway. I have an X370 Taichi too and it always shows codes at POST no matter what I have it set to in the UEFI, the only difference is that I can set it to always be on or turn off after POST is complete. It will also show while you are in the UEFI.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 5:53am
More so, POST & boot times can be reduced by various other technologies.

Whether some LED will blink or not won't afect the aforwmentioned times.
vlinder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vlinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 6:15am
Thank you, Xaltar and xhue. [:)] I've got a boot time of about 35 seconds, and now I know that Dr Debug is not the culprit. The other part of my question was if disabling Dr Debug in the BIOS would stop the LED entirely from working. And the answer there is negative. It only stops working after post. Got it! I would like to add [SOLVED] to my title, but cannot see any way to do this. Maybe you could give me some help on that too.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2019 at 4:13pm
Glad we could help

Updated your post title
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic