ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wake on Lan on Asrock b450 pro4 not working

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wake on Lan on Asrock b450 pro4 not working
    Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 6:16pm
I am trying to enable WoL on my Asrock b450 pro4 motherboard. It is not working. I have tried:
Bios enable PCIe power setting
Windows enable allow wake on magic packet, allow to wake pc
Windows disable fast boot, NIC green ethernet
etc. I have tried everything, but no matter what the ethernet network indicator turns off as soon as the PC is shut down or put into sleep mode.
Can someone please help me.
I am on the latest Realtek network adapter driver available.

Thanks
Bowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 5:01pm
I have a B450M Pro4, that is the Micro ATX version of the B450 Pro4. I don't know how to help you with Windows 10 because I use linux. Just wanted to let you know WOL should be possible on this motherboard. Wake On Lan works for me under Ubuntu 19.04.

In UEFI only Advanced\ACPI Configuration\PCIE Devices Power On needs to be enabled.

The description of Boot from Onboard LAN in manual is confusing, I still have it disabled. It is not necessary to enable it just for wake on lan.

In Ubuntu you do need to enable the function in the OS for it to work. Correct settings in Win10 are probably very important as well. According to ASRock FAQ a zip file needs to be installed? https://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=463

Slydar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slydar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 2:46am
I have the same problem with my Asrock B450 Pro4. Wake On Lan works from sleep but not from shutdown.

Settings seem OK:

BIOS
PCIE Devices power ON - enabled

Windows
Power Options - Advanced settings - PCI Express Link State Power Management - Moderate
Realtec driver - Power Management - Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power enabled
Realtec driver - Power Management - Allow this device to wake the computer - enabled
Realtec driver - Advanced - Shutdown wake on lan enabled
Realtec driver - Advanced - Magic packet wake on lan enabled

The zip file you are talking about is for an Intel adapter, and the Asrock B450 Pro4 has a Realtek adapter

Any idea how to fix this?
Bowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 2:18pm
I just mentioned the FAQ link, because I was browsing the ASRock help to get it to work for me. Even though I'm running Linux, I noticed the Windows Wake On Lan topics.

I don't know hopw to get it to work under Windows.

My board is running as a network server running Linux. I'm not going to install Win10 on it, just to try. It works for me, also after shutdown. So I know the hardware is capable.

Are you sure you need this option:
Realtec driver - Power Management - Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power enabled

Won't this prevent the network card from getting power and being able to listen?

carma42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carma42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 2:30am
Was there ever an answer or fix for this specific board on Windows 10. I have the exact same settings and still not working for me.
terr20114 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote terr20114 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2020 at 5:32pm
Hey guys, try disabling fast restart. This was required to get it working from a shutdown on my older board.

Control Panel\Power Options\Choose what the power buttons do\Change settings that are currently unavailable.
Asrock B450M Pro 4
Ryzen 3600
GTX 970 G1
dkking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by terr20114 terr20114 wrote:

Hey guys, try disabling fast restart. This was required to get it working from a shutdown on my older board.

Control Panel\Power Options\Choose what the power buttons do\Change settings that are currently unavailable.

thanks!, this totally fixed it was the remaining issue. Does this mean I can plug in things to the USB 3 port without causing Wake-on-LAN to stop working?
terr20114 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terr20114 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2020 at 12:10pm
Yes that should work :). I currently have wake on lan setup to wake my PC no matter where I am. If you have issues then here's my list of what to do:

1. Enable Wake On Lan in the Bios
2. Disable Fast Startup in Power Options
3. Install the correct LAN drivers from your MB's support page.
4. Open device manager and locate the LAN driver. Open it's properties, Under Power Management and Advanced, Enable the the options in the snips here

and here

Asrock B450M Pro 4
Ryzen 3600
GTX 970 G1
12eward View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 12eward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 12:01pm
For others who have had this problem and were unable to solve it, try this.I had an ASRock A520 ITX and Wake-On-Lan wasn't working, despite updating the Bios to latest version (P3.30). After 2 hours troubleshooting, I think what finally fixed it was there's actually another setting that needs to be turned on in the Bios for WOL to work. To save others the work, here's what I did to get everything working.
In the BIOS go to the Advanced Tab:
-Click ACPI Configuration
-Set PCIE Devices Power on to "Enabled".

As you will see from the description, this must be enabled to allow Wake On Lan to work, I don't understand why this wasn't enabled to begin with C'est La Vie.
Hope this helps others.
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2024 at 5:47am
deep sleep needs to be disabled aswell
in bios advanced\chipset configuration
set deep sleep to disabled
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic