ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - First time builder--no video outputting...maybe?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

First time builder--no video outputting...maybe?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khelll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First time builder--no video outputting...maybe?
    Posted: 13 Apr 2019 at 1:50pm
I've put the build together. I have a DVI-I out to an Asus monitor but the system is not outputting any video to the screen. The monitor seems detects the graphics card, ie the screen flashes when the cable is plugged and unplugged from the PC. When powered on-I can hear the HDD spinning, a few blue lights glowing on the motherboard, the front USB panel has power...

Any help on why there is no output would be helpful. I can't even tell if the BIOS is loading or not b/c there is nothing on the screen.

Below is my build components.

CORSAIR HX Series, HX750, 750 Watt, 80+ Platinum Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N6PEBNL/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_BxxSCb3221DK8

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz C16 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2A2400C16)
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B017NW5NZY/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_dyxSCbMPR4ZFD

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Mini, 4GB GDDR5 DisplayPort 128-bit Gaming Graphic Card (ZT-P10510A-10L)
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01MCU1ERO/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_IyxSCbH729RW6

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G Processor with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B079D3DBNM/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_-yxSCbE6PBF7H

ASRock X370 Taichi Socket AM4/AMD X370/DDR4/Quad CrossFireX & SLI/SATA3&USB3.1/M.2/Wi-Fi/A&GbE/ATX Motherboard
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WXX9FDG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2019 at 4:36pm
Is the debug display on the motherboard flashing through codes? If any code remains on the display that will tell you there is a problem even if you are not getting any output to your monitor.
khelll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khelll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 12:53pm
No. The 2 digit LCD on the motherboard doesn't show any codes. It stays black the whole time.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 2:13pm
Nothing at all? The board should cycle through codes during the post process. If the CPU is not detected you are usually met with a "00" code for example.

If you are not getting any codes at all that would indicate something is improperly installed. The first thing that springs to mind is the 8pin CPU power cable from the PSU, do you have it connected? The connector for it is situated on the upper left of the board near the IO panel. If you don't have it connected your system will behave exactly as you describe, the board and peripherals will power up but the CPU is not getting any power. Make sure it is the correct cable, it's an 8pin (4+4 pin) not a PCIe 8pin (6+2 pin).
khelll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khelll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 11:13pm
You were correct. I didn't have the CPU power cable plugged in. I got that plugged in and now I get the 00 code...
khelll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khelll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 11:14pm
...and it turns on for about 28 seconds then shuts off for 5 seconds, then turns back on for 28 seconds in an endless loop.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 12:06am
Now we are getting somewhere

00 means the CPU is either not installed correctly or it isn't seated properly in the socket. Take a look at youtube for a CPU installation tutorial, make sure it's AMD (AM3 or AM4 will both be more or less the same). Take your time and double check everything.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic