ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B360M 1B-R1 Motherboard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papawana1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B360M 1B-R1 Motherboard
    Posted: 21 May 2019 at 1:00am
I bought an IBUYPOWER computer from Best Buy. The box said it contained a manual and driver cd. It did not have a cd/dvd so I bought a usb cd/dvd. When I got home the box contained no manual and no cd. The motherboard is the B360M 1B-R1 which is not listed on their website or anywhere on the web. When I called ASRock tech support they told me to use the specs for the B360M ITX-OC, which upon inspection is a completely different board. The bios is different. I also bought 4 sticks of memory to replace to one that it came with. I cannot take the computer back as I threw the box out before I found any of this out. I am stumped!!! Any suggestion?
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2019 at 9:31am
Is it like the B360M Pro4 ?
https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/B360M%20Pro4/index.asp

If it is then you can use the manual and drivers for that board
BUT the BIOS will be from IbuyPower and not an official Asrock BIOS
and NO you cannot flash it with an Official Asrock BIOS.
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296
papawana1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papawana1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 6:53am
Similar but different. I called Ibuypower techsupport...complete waste of time. Together we could not find a version number of my bios. He said the board is not a retail version and is not listed by asrock, nor are any bios updates by ibuypower expected. This board is not one of the 4 B360M boards listed on the ASRock site. The 4 there have items that mine does not: 2.0 usb ports, PS/2 ports for the mouse & keyboard. 2 of them have 4 memory slots, 2 have 2 memory slots, 2 have 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slot and 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x1 Slots, 1 has 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slot, and 1 has 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slot and 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x1 Slots. Tech Support from ASRock and Ibuypower was worthless!!!
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 9:55pm
Take it back to BB, not a complete unit or make the store personnel come up with the missing items.
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 10:25am
It has an OEM board not a retail board therefore the "missing" board features (compared to retail) are not actually missing as it was designed and sold to IbuyPower that way. They are the ones responsible to help him. BestBuy is just the retailer and is not responsible for it having an OEM board instead of a retail board.
papawana1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papawana1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 12:24pm
I am not upset with Best Buy. Ibuypower says they cannot help as they got the board from ASRock (but have no response about the contents of the box versus the labeling of the outside of the box). ASRock says they cannot help as the board is not a retail board and they do not have any diagrams or information on the B360M IB-R1 board inside of my BB961 Ibuypower computer.
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 9:55am
Other than only 8Gb of ram it looks like you got a good deal assuming you paid about $800-$900 for the computer. The 6GB GTX1660 is a great card!
The BB specs say 2 mem slots, 1-16x pcie, 1-1x pcie, 4-ubs3, 2-usb2 plus one PS2. That makes it a micro board like the B360M-ITX/ac or b360m-hdv. If you could take a picture of the back panel and top view of the board and link it here maybe we might be able to help with more info.
papawana1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papawana1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 9:59am
It has 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slots, 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x1 Slots, I put 4 8gb Corsair Vengence dimms in, another 120mmfan on top
to help the cooling, a Sound Blaster card, and added a Dell external cd/dvd drive. With no help from ASRock it has been impossible
to choose a better heat sink and fan for the 1151 socket CPU. The fan-tastic tuning program is worthless. I am not a gamer. With
temps over C it bothers me. I have the case fans set on performance and the CPU on full. I took pics of the rear and of the board
but the site I used to use to share pics with is no longer up.
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2019 at 8:37am
With 2 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe 1x and 4 mem slots your OEM board is based on the Pro 4. The BestBuy website for BB961 lists 1 of each PCIe and only 2 ram slots (click Specs half way down the page):
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-gaming-desktop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660-1tb-hard-drive-120gb-solid-state-drive-black/6337465.p?skuId=6337465
That is why there is so much confusion with tech support. The drivers for the Asrock B360M Pro4 will work for your board BUT the Asrock BIOS will not as they cannot be flashed over an OEM BIOS.
papawana1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papawana1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2019 at 5:37am
I saw that. That's what makes my BB961 so strange. With no manual I am lost. Right now my biggest concern is the cooling. It ran at 41C, and I am not a gamer or run any power grabbing programs. Fan-tastic tuning is worthless. To bring it down to 37C I have all fans set at full and have the side cover off. I am still searching for a better heat sink and fan for the cpu for the 1151 socket. Because of the space limitations I have not been successful so far. Any suggestions would be greatly appretiated!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic