ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X470 BIOS 3.10 Severe Driver Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synoche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X470 BIOS 3.10 Severe Driver Problem
    Posted: 27 May 2019 at 5:24pm
Hi Community,

I have a severe problem with my x470 taichi ultimate. With the new bios 3.10 i wanted a new installation of windows10 in version 1903 as well. So did the installation and wanted to install the all in one driver at first. System crash. Installation of gpu driver (vega56), same crash. So i cant install any kind of chipset/gpu driver. What i tried: complete cleanning with ddu tool and tried new chipset installation -failed. Tried with and without oc of cpu/memory-failed. Bios downgrade isnt possible anymore. Tried another gpu(r9 290)-failed.

What i will try in the evening: only use one memory dimm( have 4 with 32gb as a result), disable smt.

Hopefully you have any tips for me, cause im really sad and have no clues anymore.
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 6:30pm
i think the bios page tells you to install the driver first before upgrading
its somewhere along the lines of install in safe mode if you didn't

xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 6:48pm
Clean installation shouldn't be affected by what ASRock are describing on their drivers page.
Synoche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synoche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by xhue xhue wrote:

Clean installation shouldn't be affected by what ASRock are describing on their drivers page.

Exactly my thoughts. So any tips for me?
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Synoche Synoche wrote:

Originally posted by xhue xhue wrote:

Exactly my thoughts. So any tips for me?

Check all cabling, component seatings and finally, clear CMOS. Maybe a couple of times even.

I've recently updated most of my laptops and desktops to 1903 and none of them are having any issues thus far. I don't have ASRock mobos, however.

You can always raise tickets to AMD (no official drivers for 1903 driver-model yet), MS and ASRock. AMD are usually quick in responding and escalating if needed.
Synoche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synoche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 10:43pm
Thanks for your advice. I will try several things and will report, if i get new clues
Synoche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Synoche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 3:06am
Finally i got the bully: it was the Soundcard. Aftef removing it, everything worked just perfectly. So thanks for your help thread can be closed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic