ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hard drives/SSDs not showing in boot priority

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwixOps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hard drives/SSDs not showing in boot priority
    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 at 10:55am
Issue: none of my HDDs/SSDs show as bootable in BIOS, only an M.2 without an OS appears in that list.   

What I was doing when it broke: switching the physical SATA portsï»?in my MB to which the drives were connected (moved two HDDs from the ASmedia controller to the Intel controller so I could use Intel RAPID to create a RAID array)

ï»?

Symptoms:

Attached picture shows the issue - connected drives are visible in "storage configuration" in bottom left but not in "boot priority" on right. �

ï»?

What I've tried so far:.

Moved boot ssd back to ASmedia controller (SATA3_A1)

Result: no improvement

Disabled M.2 drive by forcing its SATA lanes to go to SATA3_0 and _1 in BIOS (they share lanes, to use that m.2 slot, you lose 2 SATA ports)

Result: m.2 drive disappeared from bios

Cleared CMOS

Result: no effect

Disabled compatibility support middle in BIOS.

Result: m.2 drive disappeared from boot priority list

Disabled fast boot

Moved boot SSD to SATA3_0 and forced the SATA/m.2 switch to SATA in BIOS.

Result: m.2 drive disappeared from bios, boot ssd appeared on SATA3_0 but not in boot priority list

Disabled RAID and XMP for the hell of it

Hardware

MB - ASrock z370 gaming k6

CPU - i7 8700k

Storage

-120gb SSD (boot) Samsung 840 Evo

-2x WD 2TB drives

-WD 500GB drive

-480GB Kingston m.2 drive

System was fully functional before I moved SATA ports
Sergio_Junior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sergio_Junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2019 at 5:34pm
Hello, i have the same issue on my Z270 supercarrier, i can't install windows 10 on my Raid 0 (2x960 Evo), because desapears from the boot device list.

Any solution??
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 10:10am
Dear TwixOps,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Regarding your case, please check the CSM setting is disabled or enabled?
When CSM disabled, boot priority will only show the UEFI bootable device, you still can install the OS at your HDD/SSD in UEFI mode.
Please install the OS at UEFI (GPT) mode to try.

Thank you!
Yours truly,
ASRock TSD
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 10:12am
Dear Sergio_Junior,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Regarding your case, please follow the RAID installation guide to install the OS at RAID volume.
http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/RAID/Z270%20SuperCarrier/English.pdf

Thank you!
Yours truly,
ASRock TSD
Sergio_Junior View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sergio_Junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 5:21pm
I do not know how, but it's working now.

Thanks for suport
davidsmith24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidsmith24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2019 at 1:17am
Hard drives are much essential for a computer because you can store data is Hard disk drive. We proving the best services related to Digital Marketing Services. please visit http://www.divinesofttechnology.com/digital-marketing/ for the proper solution because we are the best Digital Marketing Services in Delhi.
Ranzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 6:18am
Hi.
I encountered a problem where I wanted to reinstall Windows on my computer, but when I installed Windows 10 on the SSD, I could not boot the SSD. Since there is no SSD in boot priority it only detects the flash drive. CSM is disabled, but in the past, boot priority had hard drives and windows manager.
If I turn on CSM it will detect the hard drives, but unfortunately it will write when the SSD wants to boot:
Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key
I download the windows installer from the original site, and with the application (which I download from the windows site) I install the system on the pendriver.

Unfortunately, I have not found a sure solution to this, so I turn to you. What can I do to get it right?

daveMK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveMK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 1:46am
I know this one is an old post , but need help please. Having issues booting into windows. PC was running fine. Just turned on this morning & No boot device detected. Tried to reboot a Few times and nothing. Then it auto loaded the bios & SSDs or HDs were detected. I've turned CSM back on and it now sees two hard drives....but windows still won't boot. Makes no difference if I change boot priority. I can see there is a BIOS feature that has auto reset to default & must say I'm not a fan as I think this has caused the issues! I understand the concept & reason, but must say I'm not a fan of this feature, especially when this system was built & setup by a third party PC provider and tbh 99% are nowadays.

I've used ASROCK motherboard in past, many hundreds of times (rlsupplies) but tbh not sure what I'm missing here.

Any ideas or help appreciated.

daveMK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveMK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2024 at 1:48am
Forgot to mention. I can't see any boot devices or OS on loading, they only appear in ASROCK BIOS.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic