ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 3600x, X470 Taichi, b-die, unstable memory, WHEA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

3600x, X470 Taichi, b-die, unstable memory, WHEA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max9R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by bamu bamu wrote:

Hey just installed a 3600 with the x470 Taichi and 3600 CL16 Trident-Z Ram.

Can't post anything above 2100MHz, does someone have the 3.46 (support) beta bios? I'd love to try it out.

Any attempts to manually time, adjust auto times in ryzen master, or adjust XMP profiles cause infinite hangs (no debug codes, and no boot).

Hey, check your inbox/PM's I sent you a link to download it. Post back so we know how it works for you. I've had some decent success, but I still have stability problems with it. They have work to do that's for sure.

In contrast... I got sick of all the problems, so I picked up a Gigabyte Aorus Master X570. Plugged in my 3900X and it's been perfect. Not a hit of instability, everything just works flawlessly. I hope ASRock gets this fixed soon because man Zen 2 is awesome when it's running properly, and I really want to get my daughters rig with the 3600X running at it's full potential. 3.46 is much better than 3.43 but one example of an issue I was having is I have to limit the RAM to 3000Mhz or seems to cause issues with her NVMe drive and the OS gets corrupted. I haven't spent a ton of time on it since I got my machine up and running though. I just found that slowing the RAM down stopped the problem. I'll probably spend some more time on it tomorrow now that I'm pretty much done getting mine setup.
Jakob84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jakob84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 10:24pm
Hey.

the 3.46 beta bios works really well for me.

It fixed my pcie issues so i can use crossfire and activated gen 3 pcie support again.

also able to use xmp profile 3200 with my g.skill 3200.

Huge improvements prior to 3.43.

only downside for me is rebooting fails in first try.
Jakob84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jakob84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 10:27pm
Will try to push for 3600mhz on ram on bios 3.46... dont wanna push my luck right now still testing stability.
mmf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 12:32am
Originally posted by AsRx470Tc AsRx470Tc wrote:

Originally posted by Gh0st Gh0st wrote:

Yeah I have tried setting it manually and also cleared cmos. I have a nvme ssd in the first m2 slot above the gpu but no other devices.

Maybe a bug with the nvme slot? I don't think it is supposed to effect the 16x, will only drop the sata port if you use the second m2 slot.

Or possibly a hardware issue as I only noticed this today by accident so it could have already been an issue. Hopefully a bios update will fix it but the performance hit of 8x to 16x is pretty much non-existent so if it still works fine then so be it. fingers crossed.

I also have an NVMe drive in the top slot. It has its own x4 lane straight to the CPU if i have understood correctly. So no connection to x16 slots.

Second M.2 slot disables the bottom PCI-E slot. No effect on sata ports on this board.

I would suspect chipset drivers/gpu drivers/windows power profile on your system.

I only get 16x in PCIE slot 1, slot 2 drops to 8x. Are you getting 16x in slot 2 as well?
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 1:09am
slot 2 will never run in 16x
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic