ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - AMD Ryzen 3600x with Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX/ac
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AMD Ryzen 3600x with Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX/ac

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Eugeny44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eugeny44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMD Ryzen 3600x with Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX/ac
    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 7:35am
I have given up. This was my last asrock product ever, with bios 3.50 and two different ram set it boot up ~ 1 our 5-7 tries.
Tyesov View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyesov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 1:57am
Hi guys, maybe someone faced same problem as me. I use Corsair Vengeance Memory which supports 3600 Mhz. Since AsRock b450 mini Itx fatal1ty is able to work with 3446 value I set in bios cl 14 14 14 28 and 1.350v according to ryzen calculator.

If I turn off the power completely, PC goes 3 times reboot and set standart values in bios. So I need to reset it manually. But if I just turn it off and keep power plug in electricity socket everything works ok.

I think that problem is not in memory but with motherboard. I tryed to clead CMOS with jumper but with no avail (maybe i did something wrong?). I wonder if somebody facing such issue and how to fix it?
HDZEE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HDZEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 2:29pm
Hey, thanks a lot. I ended up editing the DRAM Calculator screenshot with the values I needed so I could do it all from my phone. Unfortunately, something didn't take and the Overclocking didn't work. I had to clear the CMOS and start at stock. I don't think I'm going to mess with it anymore. This is as good as I've gotten it to work so far so I guess I just needed to wait until everything gets fixed (if it ever does).

My biggest problem is that it keeps randomly rebooting with and without BSOD's. I can't figure out how to reproduce the crashes other than it seemed to be triggered by system monitoring apps like HWinfo, so I wiped it and reinstall windows with bare minimum programs installed. This has definitely helped but didn't completely solve it. Some of the errors seem to point to a memory problem from what I've investigated so that's why I was trying to see if the custom OC would make things better but it didn't. Oh well. Last time I'm ever buying any AMD products.

Thanks again for the help!
pnkiller78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnkiller78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 12:59pm
Yes, any decimal-hexadecimal calculator will do fine, even the one that comes with Windows, but it's better to use one outside the PC, when you are on the UEFI you need something to convert the numbers from one notation to another.
Personally, I use one on my phone, also I upload the screenshots of the DRAM Calculator for Ryzen to my phone and use the picture viewer to view the values and enter them in the UEFI, when one comes in hexadecimal, I switch to a hex calculator app, enter the value and continue.

The ranges varies because there are values that go in high ranges like 200-500 decimal, and there are values that go in ranges less that 50 decimal. But no matter the range, decimal and hexadecimal are just notations to represent numbers, you just convert them from one to another, no matter the value or the range it belongs. The hex calculator will not fail.

Originally posted by HDZEE HDZEE wrote:

Awesome, thank you for help. I'm using an Asrock x470 itx/ac with at 3700x.

I get it now, all the manual options will likely be in hexadecimal and the description on the side will let me know.

• I'm not really familiar with hexadecimal and noticed different locations use different ranges (3FFh-0h or 51h-Ah, ect), would any decimal to hexadecimal calculator give me the right conversion for all the different ranges? -for example, will the same calculator give me the right number to use in one field using one range and another field using a different range?

I think that's all the questions I really have right now. I'm going to wait to put these numbers in until you can get back to me, thanks!
HDZEE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HDZEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 10:52am

Awesome, thank you for help. I'm using an Asrock x470 itx/ac with at 3700x.

I get it now, all the manual options will likely be in hexadecimal and the description on the side will let me know.

• I'm not really familiar with hexadecimal and noticed different locations use different ranges (3FFh-0h or 51h-Ah, ect), would any decimal to hexadecimal calculator give me the right conversion for all the different ranges? -for example, will the same calculator give me the right number to use in one field using one range and another field using a different range?

I think that's all the questions I really have right now. I'm going to wait to put these numbers in until you can get back to me, thanks!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnkiller78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 12:16am
1. In OC Tweaker, I'm leaving XMP on Auto.
2. I didn't do anything in OC Tweaker, except DRAM Voltage and Spread Spectrum, everything I did was mainly on Advanced\AMD CBS, the rest of the settings on OC Tweaker were left on Auto.
3. I noticed that in OC Tweaker\DRAM Timing Configuration the values are in decimal notation (no exceptions), but in Advanced\AMD CBS the values entered manually (after setting an option to Manual) are in hexadecimal notation. Let's say, you set tRFC Control from Auto to Manual, an option opens up to enter the actual value, this setting is entered in hexadecimal, the Help text on the right side on the screen said clearly this detail, and if you enter an invalid value (eg, FFFF), it corrects you and print the max value for the field.
The only place in Advanced\AMD CBS where the values I entered where in decimal notation was on Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\XFR Enhancement for the VDDG Voltage and VDDP Voltage.
4. Ok, no problem, I will try my best to help you.

By, the way, which motheboard model do you own?

Originally posted by HDZEE HDZEE wrote:

Hey pnkiller78,

Thank you so much for this comprehensive guide. Can you help me out with a few more questions?

• Are you setting the XMP profile on under OC Tweaker or leaving it off?
  • Are you adjusting the frequency under OC Tweaker at all? -my options are not the same under OC Tweaker and the Advance Dram Timing Configuration
  • Are the tRFC settings a combination of Hexidecimal and Decimal? -mine seems to be one of each for the first two (there are like four total)
  • If I upload some screenshots of my BIOS would you mind helping figure out exactly which sections to change or not? -I'm having enough trouble already and don't want to mess it up more

Thanks!
HDZEE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HDZEE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 10:11pm
Hey pnkiller78,

Thank you so much for this comprehensive guide. Can you help me out with a few more questions?

• Are you setting the XMP profile on under OC Tweaker or leaving it off?
  • Are you adjusting the frequency under OC Tweaker at all? -my options are not the same under OC Tweaker and the Advance Dram Timing Configuration
  • Are the tRFC settings a combination of Hexidecimal and Decimal? -mine seems to be one of each for the first two (there are like four total)
  • If I upload some screenshots of my BIOS would you mind helping figure out exactly which sections to change or not? -I'm having enough trouble already and don't want to mess it up more

Thanks!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pnkiller78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 1:15pm
I forgot to mention, the value that must be entered for the SoC voltage is a VID or VoltageID, not the actual voltage value for the SoC, this ID is used in a formula to calculate the actual voltage and it's in hexadecimal notation.
The formula is printed in the help tip in the right side of the UEFI screen, when you put the cursor over this field.
SoCV = 1.55V - (Hex2Dec(VID) * 0.00625V))

So, if you want to enter 1.025V for the SoC voltage, the value in hexadecimal would be 54.
0x54 = 84 decimal
84 x 0.00625V = 0.525V
1.55V - 0.525V = 1.025V
I will list the most common values that I saw while using the calculator for this SoC Voltage field, so you don't have calculate them
0.975V --> 5C
1.0V --> 58
1.025V --> 54
1.05V --> 50
1.1V --> 48

If anybody found this useful, please report back. Or if anybody found something that can improve this method or an alternate different method, please report back too.
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 4:25am
Wow, that is the best posting for using DRAM Calculator with a concrete board, cpu and the settings in the bios!   
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pnkiller78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 3:41am
Hi, I recently found a way to make more stable the booting process with this mobo when using with the new Zen 2 Ryzen 3XXX CPUs.
This is my current hardware parts
MoBo: ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX/ac (P3.50 BIOS)
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
Memory: HyperX Predator Black 32GB Kit 3600MHz DDR4 CL17 (HX436C17PB3K2/32) (Samsung B-Die)

I noticed that with this memory, by just clearing CMOS and using default values, the MoBo boot loops like 20 times, before booting using the JEDEC 2400 Mhz memory speed.
If I configured the valued manually in the OC Tweaker\DRAM Frequency page the boot loops reduce to 5-8 times before actually booting.

I bough this board last year, along with the memory, and I was using it with a Ryzen 5 3400GE APU (Reven Ridge) and it booted fine, I was able to overclock the memory using the DRAM Calculator for Ryzen by 1usmus.
Thinking a lot about it, I came with the idea that maybe the memory training process was having a hard time with the new CPU, so I decided to use the fixed values in the calculator and entering in the mobo UEFI configuration in the hope that these could help with the memory training process in the board with the new CPU.
Well, that helped a lot, now the board restart normal, inside Windows the reboot process works without getting stuck in boot loop during POST. And the initial boot, sometimes it boot flawlessly, other times it boot loop 1-2 times and the it POST, I can live with that. I didn't like the idea to spent another $150-200 for a new X570 just to use this new CPU.

I must noticed, that I didn't use the OC Tweaker\DRAM Timing Configuration page, I entered most of the values in the Advanced\AMD CBS pages.
I uploaded two screenshot and marked the pages where the values can be entered in the UEFI firmware with these board.

Notice: Most of the values on these pages are selectable from a predefined set of values, the ones that you enter manually are on hexadecimal notation, so if the calculator says 53 you must enter 35 on the UEFI.
Also, the OC Tweaker\DRAM Voltage cannot be fine tuned, you just select from a predefined set of values that increments in 0.05V each one. In my case I used a DRAM frequency that worked with a value less or equal to the voltage advertised in the kit specs for the XMP profiles rated on it, in my case it was 1.35V.
The kit can be overclocked further, but it required more volts for the DRAM, and honestly, I just wanna that this board booted fine, I was not competing for a memory overclock record.
I tried 3200Mhz, however it required the next step value in volts that this board can accept that is 1.40V to be stable, the calculator said that 1.35-1.36V could work, but with 1.35V it was unstable inside Windows, and 1.36V cannot be set, the next value available inside UEFI config setting is 1.40V, so I sticked with 3133Mhz.
Hope it helps others, since ASRock doesn't give a $%$@ about us the customers and our problems with this MoBo, I will NOT buy again an ASRock product, worst experience with a product in my last 20 years building my own computers. It's a shame that we have to recur to third party tools and use a "Try & Error" approach to make their products work, and the manufacturer just sits there doing nothing when clearly there's a problem with the junk they are selling.
1. Advanced\AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\DRAM Timing Configuration\Accept
2. Advanced\AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\DRAM Controller Configuration\Cmd2T
   Advanced\AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\DRAM Controller Configuration\Gear Down Mode
   Advanced\AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\DRAM Controller Configuration\DRAM Power Options\Power Down Enable
3. Advanced\AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\DRAM Memory Mapping
4. Advanced\AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\CAD Bus Configuration\CAD Bus Drive Strength User Controls -> Manual
5. Advanced\AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\Data Bus Configuration
6. Advanced\AMD CBS\NBIO Common Options\XFR Enhancement
7. Advanced\AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\CAD Bus Configuration\CAD Bus Timing User Controls -> Manual
8. Advanced\AMD CBS\UMC Common Options\Phy Configuration\PMU Training
9. Advanced\AMD CBS\CPU Common Options\Prefetcher settings
10. OC Tweaker\DRAM Voltage
    OC Tweaker\Spread Spectrum
11. Advanced\AMD CBS\DF Common Options\Memory Clear

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic