ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - AMD Ryzen 3600x with Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX/ac
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AMD Ryzen 3600x with Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX/ac

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eugeny44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMD Ryzen 3600x with Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX/ac
    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 8:01am
Is anyone manage to get it working?
Have my bios updated to 3.30
Check that everything works with my old 2700

put 3600x it boots to a bios(after a few boot cycles) I see the ram drop to 2400 so I update to 3200(as that one that I have)
Didnt have a single successful boot after, just power cycling with fan spins and stops.
Tried:
clear CMOS - nothing
wait - nothing
remove one or all ram - nothing

Any ideas?
PeterCxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterCxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 8:16am
I encountered the same thing on B450 ITX/ac. I just waited for a LOOONG time and force-rebooted several times to get it to POST again. After it POSTs again, go to BIOS and drop the memory to 2133MHz. On mine it only POSTs consistently at 2133MHz. Anything beyond 2133MHz won't even POST every time.
Eugeny44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eugeny44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 8:24am
Originally posted by PeterCxy PeterCxy wrote:

I encountered the same thing on B450 ITX/ac. I just waited for a LOOONG time and force-rebooted several times to get it to POST again. After it POSTs again, go to BIOS and drop the memory to 2133MHz. On mine it only POSTs consistently at 2133MHz. Anything beyond 2133MHz won't even POST every time.

Have you had to clear CMOS? I tried to wait maybe 30min. I will try longer, thank you for bringing hope!
PeterCxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterCxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Eugeny44 Eugeny44 wrote:

Have you had to clear CMOS? I tried to wait maybe 30min. I will try longer, thank you for bringing hope!

I tried clearing CMOS at the first several trials and later realized maybe it didn't help much. Just clear once when swapping the CPU is enough. It basically boils down to patience and luck lol. Sometimes I force-reboot it by long-pressing the power button, and sometimes I did unplug the power cable and re-plug, but I'm not sure if that helped either.

At some point after it resets itself countless number of times the CPU fan will start spinning but still no POST. That, at least in my case, is a good sign, because usually when this happens, I just have to force-reboot only once by long-pressing power button to see the POST screen again. I later realized if I drop the memory down to 2133MHz immediately at this point, the board will start to POST consistently and the issue is mostly gone. Hope a future revision of BIOS would fix it.
pthrogmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pthrogmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 1:08am
I'm also having issues with the B450 variant of the ITX board and a 3600x, doesn't POST, fans spin for about 20 secs and then restarts itself. I hope this is relevant enough to piggyback on your thread.

This is a new build, so has an old BIOS v1.30. I can't get it to POST, I've breadboarded it, tried putting RAM in different single configurations with both sticks, cleared CMOS several times, removed CMOS battery overnight, reseated all components multiple times, tried another known-good PSU, my GPU is known-good, I've let it try and cycle for hours without any change.

I suspect now from this thread that my RAM is the issue.

- ASRock B450 ITX Fatal1ty
- AMD 3600x
- Ballistix DDR4 3200 16GB (8x2)
- NVidia GTX 1070
- Corsair SFX600 PSU
- Sabrent 512GB Rocket m.2 SSD

I submitted a support request via this site but haven't heard back yet. I am trying to track down some DDR4 2133 RAM to see if I can get it to POST at least and then update the BIOS to see if I can get it then to POST with my 3200.

My BIOS is so old I don't even know if it supports the 3600x at all. What I had read elsewhere was that older boards would at least provide minimal capabilities until the "compatible" BIOS update was applied, but maybe not. I don't have any previous gen AM4 chips I can swap in if that isn't the case...
aeghee8C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeghee8C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 1:14am
This is sad how poor the asrock support is.

I also have B450 ITX/ac variant and I can post it with 3700x at DDR4-2400 but the rear m.2 port is NOT opperational. I have m.2 sata MX500 SSD there, but it does see only my drives connected to SATA ports, and the bios is running AGESA 1.0.0.1 that has NOT full Zen2 support.

On the other sied, Gigabyte just informed on Reddit that they released ageas 1.0.0.3AB for b350 and all other boards(!!!) and that they work on releasing bios with AGESA 1.0.0.3ABA, that has the RrRand/RdSeed (Destiny 2) fixes.

I mailed ASRock support and got generic answer that they work on new BIOS. I asked when they will release the AGESA 1.0.0.2 or newer, and in reply I go the same generic answer. I shouldn't have choose Asrock B450 ITX/ac board. :/
pthrogmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pthrogmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 1:46am
Well that doesn't sound good for any of us. I bought my board a couple months ago when it was on sale, so can't return it. Anyone who can, probably should. I may just cut my losses and buy a Gigabyte or Asus board instead and try and sell this one on Ebay.
Eugeny44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eugeny44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 7:33am
Originally posted by pthrogmo pthrogmo wrote:

I'm also having issues with the B450 variant of the ITX board and a 3600x, doesn't POST, fans spin for about 20 secs and then restarts itself. I hope this is relevant enough to piggyback on your thread.

This is a new build, so has an old BIOS v1.30. I can't get it to POST, I've breadboarded it, tried putting RAM in different single configurations with both sticks, cleared CMOS several times, removed CMOS battery overnight, reseated all components multiple times, tried another known-good PSU, my GPU is known-good, I've let it try and cycle for hours without any change.

I think you need to source older CPU to update bios, at least that is my experience with other brands without new bios it won't work.
Eugeny44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eugeny44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 7:36am

[QUOTE=Eugeny44] [QUOTE=PeterCxy]

At some point after it resets itself countless number of times the CPU fan will start spinning but still no POST. That, at least in my case, is a good sign, because usually when this happens, I just have to force-reboot only once by long-pressing power button to see the POST screen again. I later realized if I drop the memory down to 2133MHz immediately at this point, the board will start to POST consistently and the issue is mostly gone. Hope a future revision of BIOS would fix it.

tried for a few hours unable to get to POST at all. on other hand when i put my old 2700 it starts and works perfectly :(
not sure shall I return CPU and wait or swam motherboard.
One of the reason for buying x470 in hope for better support 3000x series - well that clearly didn't workout
PeterCxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterCxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Eugeny44 Eugeny44 wrote:

[QUOTE=Eugeny44] [QUOTE=PeterCxy]

tried for a few hours unable to get to POST at all. on other hand when i put my old 2700 it starts and works perfectly :(
not sure shall I return CPU and wait or swam motherboard.
One of the reason for buying x470 in hope for better support 3000x series - well that clearly didn't workout

Well then probably you'd need to wait for the next BIOS update or (if you have a lot of money lying around) get a X570 instead. Frankly I still have no idea how it started to even work on my B450 one, maybe it's just random...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic