ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - AMD Ryzen 3600x with Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX/ac
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AMD Ryzen 3600x with Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX/ac

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wenerikk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 12:50am
Anyone has any progress? Have same issue, with reloading every 20 sec and no POST. Seen POST 2-3 times, memory was 2400, dropped to 2133 but no effects.

My build:
- ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming-ITX/ac
- Ryzen 5 3600
- GTX 1060
- Hyper Predator 2x 8 Gb

ps First time with Ryzen and first time with Asrock, really upset... If this is common issue will notify about that whole internet...
wenerikk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wenerikk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 1:19am
It seems that M.2 storage (back side) doesn't work..
pthrogmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pthrogmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 1:59am
I haven't made any progress, I'm still waiting on AMD to confirm if they will send me an older AM4 CPU to use to update my BIOS, but the latest BIOS sounds like it still doesn't properly support the new Ryzen chips, so what's the point? I have a support ticket open with ASRock and they have been very unhelpful so far, no indication if/when they will be providing a better BIOS.

I'm not buying ASRock again, I should have stuck with those I have always had a good experience with (Asus, Gigabyte, MSI) instead of chasing a bargain.
wenerikk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wenerikk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 2:27am
I've bought motherboard today with updated BIOS (ver. P3.30). Have couple successful loadings, but system doesn't see M.2, ram is very low (1200MHz somehow), after reloading facing with endless reboots again...

Indeed, never tried Asrock before and never faced with such serious issues from the start.
pthrogmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pthrogmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 2:52am
Originally posted by wenerikk wenerikk wrote:

I've bought motherboard today with updated BIOS (ver. P3.30). Have couple successful loadings, but system doesn't see M.2, ram is very low (1200MHz somehow), after reloading facing with endless reboots again...

Indeed, never tried Asrock before and never faced with such serious issues from the start.

I just got an email from ASRock support with a beta BIOS with 1.0.0.3 support (version L3.33). I don't have a CPU to be able to boot with in the first place to allow me to update and test. Our boards are slightly different (you have an x470 right? I have the B450 variant). I'd suggest reaching out to them and trying to get an updated BIOS.

Once I manage to get hands on an older processor I'll give it a shot...
edlebert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edlebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 2:58am
Originally posted by wenerikk wenerikk wrote:

Don?™t worry. These are known problems across all manufacturers and ASRock will fix it very soon.
wenerikk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wenerikk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 3:00am
Yes, I have x470 one.

I also reported about problem. Sure will give a try to beta one if be able to update BIOS with 3600 on board.

Thanks!
danknabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danknabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 11:49am
I can repro the problem. B450 Fatality ITX, 3600X, GSkill TridentZ 3200mhz 2x8gb ram, 3.30 bios.

Pulled all drives, including the back NVMe, to no avail - it reboots itself endlessly while trying to POST.

Reinstalling the otherwise-outgoing 2600X. System POSTed normally. Glad to hear there's a beta bios update in the works. I will update the BIOS in my board once there's an official release, and try again with the 3600X.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 1:05pm
Early adoption tax strikes hard with AMD. We have seen this with every Ryzen generation from day one. Guys, we have to bare in mind that Ryzen is AMD's first new architecture in almost a decade, even now in it's second incarnation (the 2000 series was mostly tweaks to first gen) AMD is still playing catch up with intel both in terms of performance and platform maturity. Intel's Core architecture is on it's 9th generation and more than that, the core architecture is not as dissimilar to previous architectures from them as Ryzen is from Bulldozer for AMD. Another huge factor is AMD retaining backward compatibility with previous generation motherboards, great as that is, it comes at the cost of bugs and compatibility issues early on. Between RAM and M.2 storage solutions there are hundreds, if not thousands of possible hardware configurations that could have compatibility issues.

It's easy to blame motherboard manufacturers (believe me, these forums are not the only ones blowing up with these issues) but it's easy to forget that the manufacturer is just one part of the equation, the last part before you as a consumer. A lot of the time the issue lies with the first step in the chain, the CPU vendor. Without AGESA updates motherboard manufacturers are powerless to correct all but the most basic, specific issues to their designs, anything further reaching is simply not fixable without vendor support, no matter the brand's reputation and size as a manufacturer.

The gist of what I am saying is be patient, AMD knows there are issues and is working to correct them. The problem stemming from AMD is a very good thing for us as consumers, AMD want to sell chipsets AND CPUs. It benefits them tremendously having people upgrade on older boards so there is plenty of incentive to work out the kinks.
Vakich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vakich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Early adoption tax strikes hard with AMD. We have seen this with every Ryzen generation from day one. Guys, we have to bare in mind that Ryzen is AMD's first new architecture in almost a decade, even now in it's second incarnation (the 2000 series was mostly tweaks to first gen) AMD is still playing catch up with intel both in terms of performance and platform maturity. Intel's Core architecture is on it's 9th generation and more than that, the core architecture is not as dissimilar to previous architectures from them as Ryzen is from Bulldozer for AMD. Another huge factor is AMD retaining backward compatibility with previous generation motherboards, great as that is, it comes at the cost of bugs and compatibility issues early on. Between RAM and M.2 storage solutions there are hundreds, if not thousands of possible hardware configurations that could have compatibility issues.

It's easy to blame motherboard manufacturers (believe me, these forums are not the only ones blowing up with these issues) but it's easy to forget that the manufacturer is just one part of the equation, the last part before you as a consumer. A lot of the time the issue lies with the first step in the chain, the CPU vendor. Without AGESA updates motherboard manufacturers are powerless to correct all but the most basic, specific issues to their designs, anything further reaching is simply not fixable without vendor support, no matter the brand's reputation and size as a manufacturer.

The gist of what I am saying is be patient, AMD knows there are issues and is working to correct them. The problem stemming from AMD is a very good thing for us as consumers, AMD want to sell chipsets AND CPUs. It benefits them tremendously having people upgrade on older boards so there is plenty of incentive to work out the kinks.

Why this work is taking so long? Ryzen 3xxx released almost 2 weeks ago and it still doesn't work on b350/b450 and x370/x470 motherboards. I have new Ryzen 3600 in my hands and all i can do is watch at it. Nice.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic